Saturday, April 21, 2012

2 manning instances

My friend wants us to start new toons and two man instances to level, beacuse I just read a post about 20 mins ago anbout a pali and warrior doing this, and I was wondering if it was possible to do this with other classes, not just Warr/Paly, can some one fill me in?|||they would be talking about Warr/Paladin @ lvl 70.|||The only way you could do an instance with 2 people is when your levels are way too high for it anyway. For example, I can solo DM with a lvl 45 Rogue - it might take toons of lvl 30 if you're going in with 2 people. Still, with DM being geared towards toons around lvl 20, its of hardly any use for two lvl 30s to go in anymore.

The best thing you can do, imho, is quest together - then you can tackle the mobs that are a bit too difficult for one character alone, and do the harder quests (without having to wait for them to turn green ).|||I've recently started levelling with a friend and the system works well. For some bizarre reason we rolled a rogue (me) and a priest (him). We laughed at the beginning at our strange choice but now we've hit level 52 the choice seems validated. Mobs drop fast and our crowd control is fun (sap + mind control means 3 mobs are easy for us). For normal everyday questing the combo works great. We almost always do quests when they're orange - even the odd red quest is do-able.

We decided at the beginning that instance were not too important for us (as we'd both levelled other chars to 70 and done all the instances) but on occasions we've had to do some. We cleared Gnomeregan with a second rogue when all the quests we still green (can't remember exactly what level we were)....but the point being is we did it as a trio and it was a breeze. We also did Deadmines and BFD (again when quests were green) with the same trio.

We would not have been able to do the instances as a pair and still get useful drops or exp.|||*toots own horn* My bf and I just did DM together with my 20 hunter and his 28 Pally...we died 3 times! :) *toot toot*

I would think leveling by playing instance would take much longer than leveling by questing. Think of the time involved, the experience lost by having to group with a higher player, and the number of quests you get completed by doing an instance. To me, I would think it would be better to just quest together- but I don't know much.|||Quote:








I would think leveling by playing instance would take much longer than leveling by questing. Think of the time involved, the experience lost by having to group with a higher player, and the number of quests you get completed by doing an instance. To me, I would think it would be better to just quest together- but I don't know much.




The exception to this is when you've got 4 or 5 quests involved in the instance. That can be a pretty efficient way to gain exp, since you get all the kills on your way through, plus the quest exp. Aside from that, you're right that questing is much faster.|||you're correct piscene. if you're with a group of 4/5 people around the same lvl range, you can easily gain enough experience to make that a valuable option of experience :) otherwise it would most likely be very time consuming!|||OP you could 2 man something with higher levels as others have said, but honestly it wouldn't really be advantageous to you to try and 2 man a level appropriate instance unless you're working a priest / pally or warrior combo with twink gear and enchants . . . but then, what would want out of the instance if you're already twinked for your level? Two manning stuff is usually a 70 running a lowbie through an instance. While leveling our mages my wife and I ran each other through SM, Maura, ST, BRD, DM, Strat (without the baron), we never got around to Scholo and we'll see if I can run her in any of the Hellfire instances >< we just hit OL.

Nothing like a full clear of BRD and finishing those 6 quests or so up - that was almost a level!|||Quote:








Nothing like a full clear of BRD and finishing those 6 quests or so up - that was almost a level!




Oh, damn straight. When I hauled my rogue through Zul'Farrak, I made sure to have all quests available - it netted me nearly all of my xp bar from 42 - 43. I knew that I shouldn't expect that many from the actual kill xp inside, but all that quest xp was just hot.|||I thought I read about lvls like mid 20s warr pally going through, they wernt 20s.

What Tikki said, 20 pally 28 hunter, I'm prob going to try it with my friend warr/pally.

Really because I miss thorleader, my first warrior.

No comments:

Post a Comment