Thursday, April 19, 2012

Should Blizzard cross realm instances?

Please discuss in a general manner pro's and con's. This was a hot topic in my guild last night and many feel that there should be.

My main concern is it should be only toons within the lvl requirements for the instances... but I think Blizzard should raise the lvl cap a few more levels though.

I'm kinda tired of helping out the lower level guild mates especailly for brd.

Few more notes/ideals:

1. Have an option in LFM > healer required, dps/cc required etc...

2. Run with horde or alliance > just an idea (to speed up the LFG's)

3. Loot requirements as per class/weapon skills, so others can't ninja the items.

4. If no one needs the item(s) (boss loot only), an automatic d/e occurs and an automatic forced roll is put in place or an option to pass on the shard.

I'm finding guilds are really focused on end game content now.|||1 : you can put notes in the lfg tool where you write what you are looking for.

4 : would make the enchanting rofession pretty pointless, wouldnt it ?

but cross realm instances sounds like a good idea. i like it.|||Quote:








1 : you can put notes in the lfg tool where you write what you are looking for.

4 : would make the enchanting rofession pretty pointless, wouldnt it ?

but cross realm instances sounds like a good idea. i like it.




I know about the tool tip in lfm/lfg, however, if Blizz indeed crossed realmed instances, thant at least the player can add what he can do for the group, so other groups/players can go > look, an ice mage! > look a tank! etc... instead of just allowing anthing to join.

4. The d/e portion of enchanting (which my lock is btw) is like an extra skill. Before patch 2.1 or 2.2 I believe, any enchanter at any level cound d/e any item lvl. So really, I wouldn't care if the "crossed realm instances only" allows for an automatic d/e if everyone passed. And enchanting wouldn't be pointless because of that :P

----

*page hang up on me, now i have to retype everything....

Indeed the tool tip allows for a one line note. However I would like to see an option of where you can add in your class/spec. And also see what other players are in the lfg/lfm info.

The d/e thing doesn't make enchanting pointless. It only can be obtained by an enchanter yes, however pre 2.1 or 2.2 patch the d/e requirement to d/e anything was all you needed was a lvl 10 toon with the profession. And it's just for making things a little for controlled for Pug's. I wouldn't care at all if that implemented in only Crossed realm lfg/lfm's.|||Quote:








... but I think Blizzard should raise the lvl cap a few more levels though.




The concept of cross-realm instance queues does seem a little strange but I agree that it would be desirable to reduce wait times.


Quote:








1. Have an option in LFM > healer required, dps/cc required etc




I'd love that, as long as there were corresponding options in LFG to identify oneself as being prepared to fulfil one or more group roles. I will never have to put up with a non-tanking warrior again!

(Please note that while I defend to the hilt every person's right to play the character they want to, I also reserve the right not to group with them)


Quote:








2. Run with horde or alliance > just an idea (to speed up the LFG's)




I can't see Blizzard going for that, no matter how desperate things become. The Horde/Alliance separation seems to be inviolate.|||i like the idea, but then again, half the fun of going to an instance is trying to get people there!! and well, being cross realm, you cant really summon them unless the summoning stone is inside the instance. and lately, they only way i can tell if an instance is nearby is by looking for the meeting stone.

i already hate how the lfg feature already locks me out of certain instances, even though the mobs are still green to me. so doing it cross realm wouldnt matter much to me. also, how will you communicate with other players of different realms outside of the instance in order to ask questions? i'd like to be talked to before i agree to an invite, and i'd like to talk to others as well. being that each realm has several server types, having another dedicated server for cross realm communications might be a bit much. i dont know the details, but i do know that each realm has at least five different types of servers (the number of server computers making up this type is unknown to me).

one for eastern kingdoms, one for kalimdor, one for tbc zones. then one server has every beast/npc location (not sure if there's one for each zone, or one for all zones, or mixture) and possibly computes location for everyone+their actions, plus server that does only the instances. then server that does all the bg's and interrealm stuffs. thats why you see loading screens each time you take a boat/zep, each time you hit the bg's and each time you hit the instances.

adding interrealm instances would require bliz to change all instances servers to work with several realms. or they need to have the ones working with the bg's work with instances content too. a whole lotta changes. a whole lotta headaches i bet. i think interrealm communications should be implimented in order for us to use the interrealm instances. how else would we schedule a run with someone we'd like to party with again, but is on a different realm? maybe they should make an interrealm zone. like a lounge where we can all cause major lag. we can talk, but we cannot trade.|||a good part of pug groups is the ability to check new players out so that they could be invited to your guild or so people can team up with other guilds and check them out with a view to joining them.

cross realm groups would be a nightmare in my view|||I got diced for suggesting this a while back but I cannot remember why...

I think its a good idea. I had a bizzillion q's for ZF a couple of weeks that all passed me by because I could not find buddies. There just are not that many people around in Azeroth. Even though I sometimes have to queue to get logged in.

Just joined a leveling guild in order to address this.|||I don't know.

There's plenty of tools to be had on my own server, but at least I know which they are.

I'm not waiting for another's server's Ninjas or morons to join groups.

That said, I can't remember the last time I completely pugged a run, so I'll likely be somewhat biased anyway.|||25 minutes to get into this thread/ reply... this site is very slow. What's up with the ads?

Any ways...

As for the pug group coming from your own server or another can't make that much different. A pug is a pug.

Cross realming the instances may also invite a warm fuzzy to those who want to run AQ40, UBLW, LBWL, Scholomance, Strat, Nexx, MC, etc...

Another note mentioned last night in my guild, would be cool to if alliance could run rfc and for the horde to run stocks.

Any ways, just a thought. Need more voters!|||Quote:








a good part of pug groups is the ability to check new players out so that they could be invited to your guild or so people can team up with other guilds and check them out with a view to joining them.

cross realm groups would be a nightmare in my view




It may also be a nice way to recruit people from other servers. Person A no longer likes his/her guild or it is falling apart but they can't find one on the server that meets their needs. Solution, group with a guild from another server and try it out if all goes well then transfer.

I definitely would put this on a separate chat channel that you could turn off if you didn't want to pug across realms.

I'm all for putting a meeting stone inside of the instances. That alone would aleviate one of problems some people have with PvP servers.

No comments:

Post a Comment