Saturday, April 21, 2012

Minimum Requirements for Kara

Okay. The information I seek is somewhat extensive, I am one of the leaders of a new raiding guild that was just formed by two of my friends, and I am in charge of inviting new members and making sure everyone is kara ready next month. The problem is I know nothing about the kind of gear required for kara or what each class need's to perform well in kara. Time for research says I.

I am seeking say a chart or list of general minimum requirements for each class (and spec when it applies).

Primarily I seek: Prot Paladin, Prot Warrior, Hunter, Rogue, Holy Priest, Shadow Priest, Warlock, Mage, Holy Paladin, Elemental Shaman and Enhance Shaman.

I am personally a Prot Paladin and I seek to main tank Kara, I know its a difficult thing to prepare for but I am committed to it. So if you can provide any information for any of these class's. For me the minimum health, mana, defense rating, etc.

Hope to get some good replies, we have set a goal to have everyone kara ready by next month and we got 10 out of the 18 70's attuned so far. Back to surfing the forums.|||use the search feature. there are at least 20 threads with EXACTLY the same title here, all from the last 3 months.|||here

http://wow.incgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=404075

i'll be more helpful for the lazy than twoflower|||Quote:








Okay. The information I seek is somewhat extensive, I am one of the leaders of a new raiding guild that was just formed by two of my friends, and I am in charge of inviting new members and making sure everyone is kara ready next month. The problem is I know nothing about the kind of gear required for kara or what each class need's to perform well in kara. Time for research says I.




Honestly, even if you COMPLETELY ignore gear, you may have trouble getting people who come together at the same time to raid.

If you have 18 70's, I'll presume you can get 10 of the right classes to come.

Have everyone run instances heavily, and get EVERY blue available to them. Then, just try it. Don't worry so much about gear, if they have actually tried in good faith to progress.

I wish you great success!|||Quote:








Honestly, even if you COMPLETELY ignore gear, you may have trouble getting people who come together at the same time to raid.

If you have 18 70's, I'll presume you can get 10 of the right classes to come.

Have everyone run instances heavily, and get EVERY blue available to them. Then, just try it. Don't worry so much about gear, if they have actually tried in good faith to progress.

I wish you great success!




We hope to have over 30 70s by the end of the month, but currently are up to 19 70's now another 5 should be 70 by the end of the week not including any recruiting.

All of our members live on the west coast we hope to get things schedule and planned out weeks in advance, I don't deny it will be a nice challenge getting organized groups together properly but then I always loved a challenge, like lvling with a protection paladin and holy priest 1 to 70, not exactly the best way to go but its challenging and prolongs the enjoyment of the game.

As for previous posts, sorry rotten but the information on that thread was of no help, well it was informative. It seemed more so bickering about whether or not gear even matters in kara and I know that it does, skill regardless. Of course some of our members will need to work on their skill and speed at which they dps because I have already noticed short-comings in a few of them.

As for twoflowers response, the exact response I did not want to hear. I did as you requested and failed to find substantial information, I hope once I organize the information myself I can repost it on this site as a guide for all class's. I have found information on druids (for all spec's and areas of expertise) and for mages, but no other class's. I really need just a basic list for each class stating where each important stat should be. For instance prot paladin.

HP: 13,000

Mana: 6,000

Armor: 15,000

Defense Rating: 360

Something like that, perhaps a bit more detail-. And of course for each class, but I do have druid and mage already. Will continue to look at another time, but I hope someone can link me to what I have failed to find or give me the information fresh.

Thanks for the help I have received so far.|||Quote:




Okay. The information I seek is somewhat extensive, I am one of the leaders of a new raiding guild that was just formed by two of my friends, and I am in charge of inviting new members and making sure everyone is kara ready next month.





Quote:




The problem is I know nothing about the kind of gear required for kara or what each class need's to perform well in kara.




Uh oh.

<min>|||Quote:








Uh oh.

<min>




Its not that big a deal. Alot of leaders start learning these things right at the Kara level. Can you honestly say you knew the exact stats and gear that every single class and every single spec needed to be Kara-ready when you first started raiding? You have to start somewhere.

I can only speak as a Prot Warrior. To be Kara ready, you must have 490 defense. I good amount of health would be 12k unbuffed, although alot of people think this is too high, for some reason. A roughly equal amount of armor is also necessary.|||Well... aside from things like warrior tanks having to have 490 defense, most of the stats are not hard, bright lines. They also will vary according to spec for some classes. If you use them as guidelines, cool.

First, specific advice:

Rogue

HP: 6500+

AP: 1250+

Crit : Combat specced, about 20%. 25% if you spec Combat Daggers. Mutilate specced about 23%

hit: 150 or so if you're combat specced.

No heavy Sub specs, though Combat Hemo (11/2x/2x) works very well.

Yo can get those stats, easily, in all blue gear.

general advice: Most classes should replace greens with blues before going into Kara. It's not the color of course, but *generally* someone in properly chosen blues will have the stats necessary for Kara. This isn't 100% true of course... a resto druid will find that early blues aren't as good as some greens and I'm sure that's true for other classes. But things like the "of Second Sight" helms are SO good that going in without them when they're a quest reward is silly.

Need good weapons? Look at the Cipher of Damnation chain. You can get five people together and knock the entire thing out in 2-4 hours. If the rewards from the end of that aren't what you need, look at the S1 arena weapons for honor. In fact, a rogue should ignore all other weapons and go grind out 27k honor to get those as soon as they hit 70.

As for class balance I've liked the way we did Kara:

2 tanks, pretty much any class as long as they're uncrushable/uncrittable.

2 healers, one with good HoTs

DPS for the rest.

try to take 2 priests and a hunter early on - makes Moroes v easy since you shackle 2 adds, chain trap another. Kill the holy pally, then Moroes, then run out of the room and the CCed ads despawn.

Depending on the group, you might want to take 3 healers. Until our healers got geared up a bit mana was an issue - having a 3rd healer or someone like a priest who's specced shadow but can move to offheal for some fights might be helpful.

But don't overanalyze - once you have a group together and you think you might be ready... go in and try Attumen. The trash is on a 30 minute respawn and if you can't down him before it respawns, you're not ready. Oh, fr the first attempts you might want to reclear the trash since the fights are new... but once you know the fight basics (Chargers fear, stable hand guys can heal, etc) Attumen really IS an attunment check... you should be able to kill him with 5-10 mins left on the respawn timer.|||I cant say I ever used a standard "number system" of a players stats.

A quick overview will tell you what you want to know.

If someone is wearing a good chunk of quest reward greens and only a few level 68.69.70 items you could run into problems. Then its time to ask questions.

Although I have *some* priests or casters who are not tailors, the majority came to us in 3/3 and 2/2 tailored sets, with blues for other items and even trinkets. Some exceptions made for people "working" on the last FSW piece or almost finished leveling.

Tank, probably the easiest, since I am one. I would expect a tank beginning kara to have at least mostly 68.69.70 items, enchanted gemmed and 490 defense of course.

For both tanks and some other classes I recommended "wish lists" and handed out "homework assignments" while prepping their character to go.

Even better plus if your tank cares and ground reputation for a shield, and or a sword, has a couple heroic / heroic badge items, maybe smithed items and so forth.

The above examples also tell you a LOT about a person as well.|||I think YamahaGuy was starting to hit on an important point.

I think sometimes the raw numbers are less important than the effort the person is putting into making their character better. (Especially in your case since you are looking to recruit still and Kara is a month away or so.) There are too many people who ding 70 and expect to get all their gear from Kara without ever setting foot in a level 70 instance beyond those needed for the Kara key.

Someone who puts in the effort to make their characters the best they can be before Kara is going to be an asset to the group in all likelihood. People like this are more likely to have taken the time to learn their class and read up on the Kara fights. Someone who can't be bothered to get even to honored with the Scryers/Aldor for the low end shoulder enchant probably can't be bothered to read strategies either.

I guess I'm a bit frustrated right now, though. We just added a bunch of members to our guild who are chomping at the bit to go to Kara. (They scheduled a run when most of the older members weren't even online — I think I might have been the only "old" keyed member around.)

I took some looks at the armorys, and decided not to go to along with them. (Not to mention I'd already promised some other people I'd do stuff with them.) The pally healer they had had less than 900 healing buffed and 30mp5. I just can't carry someone like that, especially since I haven't been in Kara myself. It's not just the stats, though. Most of the gear was green, with the exception of some PvP gear. Nothing was enchanted, and the PvP epics had green gems in them (and again, no enchants.) His rep with most of the factions is still low, and he has completely neglected his professions. (He doesn't even have first aid.) Someone like that doesn't want to help the team, they want free epics.

Here are some of the things I would look for:

Are the vast majority of their items level 68+?

Do they have too many greens that are easily replaced by blues from rep/level 70 instances?

If they have epics, are they using blue gems in them and the best enchants available?

Have they kept up their rep with the important factions?

Have they taken the time to level up their professions?

Have they enchanted their blue gear (at least the level 70 gear)?

No comments:

Post a Comment