Saturday, April 21, 2012

Question about H. Ramps

So I'm just getting heroics and I cleared my first H. Ramps the other day with me tanking. I had tried this the previous day and we ended up disbanding because we couldn't kill the pull at the top of the stairs with the Bleeding Hollow Ripper + 4 Bleeding Hollow Darkcasters and wiped 4 times to it before we threw in the towel.

On the run where I finally did clear it, the strategy was that I (tank) would keep aggro only on the Ripper. An elemental shaman kept spamming chain lightning and rogue + warlock were DPSing (and thus tanking) all 4 of the casters at once. Throw in a few fears from the warlock every now and then, and this worked beautifully, as apparently those casters don't hit all that hard.

My question is how else might I handle this in different types of group setups? I had the idea that if there's a priest in my party, maybe I can start out by having the priest Mind Control one of the darkcasters and then spam rain of fire on the entire group. Once the MC breaks or the MC'd mob dies, I can Taunt the Ripper, then use Challening Shout if necessary to keep the priest from dying, and have everyone else DPS down what's left of the darkcaster's HP. Has anyone tried this? Or if you have another method to do this pull short of having 3 mages, I'd like to hear it.|||A hunter can misdirect themselve/pet and multishoot the group and kite them all the way back which the tank grabs the ripper as he comes past and have the dps focus on 1 of the casters. Once the caster dies dps can take down the ripper then the hunter can FD and you shouldn't have too much trouble taking down the casters that are left.|||Nice, I like that. It's advantageous in that the only thing required to execute it is 1 hunter. No CC at all. So the hunter runs all the way back to the start of the instance before using FD? If you do it this way you'll have to clear those 2 pulls after the first boss that everyone always skips, but that's not a huge deal.|||you know what I do

I shoot the ripper and run down stairs and the groups at the bottom of the stairs waiting.

Once I get there, the 4 spellcasters catch up and begin to cast, I hit shield reflect.

Time it right, you will reflect all four and retain agro on them from the 2Kish damage done to each

Then pop intimidation shout n send em flying.

Really we just fear em around a bit, LOS them and so forth

If the healer starts getting hit, he can step back out of that lower room a little to make the caster come forward

You can keep shield reflecting every... 10 ? seconds.|||I don't see the problem ?

The casters are low health.

Tank takes the ripper, tanks it around the corner to LoS pull the rest of the pack and avoid a fear pull into the next pack.

Nuke down the casters asap. Nuke down ripper. Enjoy ?|||Yeah, i'm with Aerath. Pull onto t he ramp so if you get feared you don't run into the open area past them, kill their butts. if that's a strat that's hard to execute at your gear level then use CC liberally. You can overdo CC but it's a capability of a lot of classes for a reason.|||Quote:








Nice, I like that. It's advantageous in that the only thing required to execute it is 1 hunter. No CC at all. So the hunter runs all the way back to the start of the instance before using FD? If you do it this way you'll have to clear those 2 pulls after the first boss that everyone always skips, but that's not a huge deal.




I can attest to this working even though we didn't clear at least one of the pulls after the boss. We didn't have any AoE fears and nothing else worked, so after wiping three times, I grabbed what I could and ran for the entrance. worked fine.|||My favorite method is something along the lines of "Corner pull with Avenger's Shield, drop a Consecration, activate Arcane Torrent".|||Quote:








My favorite method is something along the lines of "Corner pull with Avenger's Shield, drop a Consecration, activate Arcane Torrent".




*mutters something about OP Horde racials*|||lol gotta love aerath...

get your group far back enough, have hunter pull with trap and fd once hits trap... once trap breaks he will try to run back, pop a shot on him, and youll pull him again...drag him to group and should be nooblet sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment