Thursday, April 19, 2012

Rage down! But a question

The guild I'm in downed Rage Winterchill last night, yippee. During the boss combat, I pulled aggro twice despite never really getting much of a lead on Omen. Successfully dumped aggro (still died inside an ice cube, as my reflexes were slow as cold syrup), but does Rage have an aggro point that's different than typical? Or is Omen more past tense than it used to be?

Also, I'm wondering whether any mages respec for the AOE pulls, and what kind of spell rotation you use.

I used every AOE spell in my book, including dragon's breath and blast wave. Might be fun to be deep arcane for those pulls, or have a point or so in flamestrike if I stay deep fire. Frost slowing debuff didn't seem to affect the mobs in the AOE pulls.

I've done Rage as arcane/frost and deep fire. I prefer the 42-yard range on fireball. Easier to see everything, easier to escape from death and decay.

Actually undid myself on the deadly freeze. Can just blink out of that, but I positioned my medallion of the Alliance prominently so I could hit a keybind. Then when it came time, near the end of the fight, to get out of the ice, I couldn't decide what to hit! Drrr.|||Omen having serious issues since 2.4. Especially cuz a lot of us update every few days. Some people update daily. Some people are compulsive with the 1 touch ACE updater and update the bleeding version every 20 minutes.

I was sick of it, so now, everyone downloads the version the MT has. And when the MT updates, everyone updates - together. Just a quick post of what version / vent link to the wowace download directory fixed things.|||From how it reads, you weren't pulling aggro.

You were targeted with his Icebolt ability. That' something else entirely.|||Quote:








From how it reads, you weren't pulling aggro.

You were targeted with his Icebolt ability. That' something else entirely.




Nope, I got the icebolt at the end with him at about 13%. Twice before, I pulled aggro as in him stomping over toward me.|||Quote:








Omen having serious issues since 2.4. Especially cuz a lot of us update every few days. Some people update daily. Some people are compulsive with the 1 touch ACE updater and update the bleeding version every 20 minutes.

I was sick of it, so now, everyone downloads the version the MT has. And when the MT updates, everyone updates - together. Just a quick post of what version / vent link to the wowace download directory fixed things.




We have that problem too. We don't allow anyone to update Omen past 10 minutes before the raid begins, that generally helps things. If someone comes into the raid late with a new version (since Omen seems to update every one minute or so), we ask them to disable Omen for the raid.|||Ironically, did MH tonight, and aggro'd Rage while Omen claimed I was 6th on threat.

Obviously, something isn't entirely right somewhere... :p



Then again.. try doing Onyxia. You can throw Omen out the window on that fight.

I consistently get aggro while Omen claims the tank has a huge solid lead on me on threat (mainly in phase 3)... and sometimes it takes 2 FDs before he can get aggro back. ;p

No comments:

Post a Comment