Thursday, April 19, 2012

People in my Guild want to do Mag.

I have a small quandry within my guild.

We are downing lurker+VR and will be downing hydross within the next couple of days.

The reason we have not completed more content is that we haven't spent the time on the new bosses.

Many think we should do mag. Due to the fact that Mag is not needed to get into hyjal, he hasn't been scheduled.

Would you advise spending time on downing him, or not?|||The non teir loot mag drops is "eh" we have a hard time finding takers for some of the stuff. Only the staff, shield and gloves are "hot" items

But

The ring you get from mag's head is an up for a LOT of people. Even over some kara signets.

The T4 chests are great.

Considering how long it would take a lot of classes to get a new chest

Bosses in SSC drops chests, but its random if you even get one.

Mag drops two chests - guaranteed.

Its a fun fight, its not hard once people have had practice. We've gotten most of the guild "seasoned" at being cube clickers now so. I keep tabs on whos done it well before so when we shell out assignments theres a lot of "repeats" and goes smoothly (if 10 people take 1 turn messing up cube duty, thats 10 wipes. imo.)

Whenever we end up in a situation where "Raid time isnt over but theres not enough time for a long trash haul" we go knock out mag or gruul. Takes less than an hour.

Oh and u get champ naruu title|||I'd say, kill him at least once, so you can say you've been there, done that and got the epix.

He's not the toughest of bosses, though not exactly idiot proof.|||Mag isn't worth it, IMO. But, as someone said, down him only to say you did it, then move on.|||Hold it... 'many' people in the raid want to do it? Then get over yourself and do it. The GL and RL is there FOR THE RAID.

I get the progression issue but if most of the raid wants to go kill him, go for it. After all, you're not getting into Hyjal without them, are you? Now, I think it's fine to set some limits.... one night of tries no more, etc. But if it is really "many" and not just a vocal few you should go do it. Not for the loot necessarily but because it's a game... you don't get a bonus for going to Hyjal or anything.|||I'm in the "kill him once, so you can say you've downed him"-camp. I doubt people will want to go back there after killing him anyway ;)|||Edited because I realized no matter what I post the amount of people who feel they need to respond negatively won't change.

I've been off these forums for a few days, thought i'd give them a go early this week.

Thanks all for teh answers, i'm off to somwehre else for a bit.|||Quote:








Edited because I realized no matter what I post the amount of people who feel they need to respond negatively won't change.




I'm missing the negative part....

I thought people were merely telling you which side they were on....

Most seem to be in the "do once" camp.

If it is me you are [still?] mad at...mea culpa.

Enjoy!|||I think he's mad at me. I also think he's being oversensitive.

The problem is we don't have enough info to really advise... do they want to farm it? Do it once to see it? What's 'many'? How do others in the guild and raid feel about progression? Do they WANT to push thru to Hyjal and BT? Or are the fine with taking all winter and spring to get to Kael?

My point (which I made bluntly, before coffee) is that if most of the people want to do something they should be supported in that. That doesn't mean you cater to that one person who wants 24 others to farm Mag for a given drop, but it also doesn't mean that the RL or GL refuses to go to Mag when 20 people want to. As always, details are important...|||I'm not angry with anyone, and i'm not feeding the trolls here any longer.

For those who answered with decent answers I appreciate it, for those that just want to call people names and chastise find another victim.

No comments:

Post a Comment