Saturday, April 21, 2012

Zul'Jin Phase 3

Does anyone have any tips for phase 3 of this boss? (The one with all the tornadoes). The tornadoes seem to consistantly gang up on the one person leaving them dead or play ping pong with us!

Melee (myself included) are dpsing as much as possible, our hunter is using whatever skills he doesn't get penalised for, casters are wanding and I think the healers are trying to use big heals.

Is there a nack to limit (or at least spread out) the tornado damage? From what I saw it seemed impossible to out run them if they had you in their sight.

Gear wise we're the best of the crafted/BoJ/t4-raid gear and enchants/gems to match.|||Learn to strafe. You can fairly easily avoid most of the tornados if you do it right. Some will still hit ya, but you can avoid most damage. Try planting dots on him, so that even if you do get bumped away, you are still doing damage.

You'll want to burn through that phase asap or your casters will be hating you.|||Oh yeah, don't stand near the flame barrier too much, since an unlucky encounter with a tornado can put you on the wrong side.|||Casters don't have to wand, if they don't go crazy- as long as the healers are happy. If you have hunters or shammies, get them to give their groups nature resist, as the lightning damage is mitigated by this.

More specific info- used to doing this as a resto shaman, here's what I do.. As the phase starts, I refresh wrath of air, ES myself, and drop a healing stream totem in the middle. I then replace the wrath of air with a nature resist totem. After that, I move as much as possible, and look for opportunities to snipe with chain heal, or use mid-rank healing wave. This phase is usually one the easiest in the fight for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment