Thursday, April 19, 2012

Warlock gear for Karazhan

Ok I'm closing in on 70 with my warlock and I was wondering what kind of gear do I need to raid Karazhan? I am in a good guild who cleared it a few times already...I know I'm supposed to get the Frozen Shadoweave set but I want to know if there's some gear I might get before 70 and right when I hit 70...the pvp epic set maybe?|||There is a sticky in the warlock section for this very thing.|||Frozen shadoweave is great stuff, as is the Spellstrike gear and either the belt of blasting or the girdle of ruination. The PvP gear isn't bad, but it isn't as good as those two sets. The one PvP item you will probably want is one of the the gladiator's spellblades, as they have enough spell damage that you're not going to find better before raiding, and even when you're clearing Kara, the weapons that drop would be debateable upgrades for the S2 or S3 weapon.

Basically, with few exceptions, when you're raiding Kara, you shouldn't be taking enough damage to need the kind of STA that comes on the PvP gear, and most of the armor, at least, is at least a small step down in damage from the best pre-raid gear if you're a tailor. And really, doing damage is the reason DPS classes are brought on a raid.

With that said, definitely grab PvP gear for those slots you're not sacrificing too much spell damage or spell hit for, as STA isn't bad to have, especially for life-tap purposes.

On my warlock, I'm using the S2 spell blade, the vindicators wrist, and the vindicator's neck (which will probably get replaced with the SSO neckpiece by the weekend), and I'm working on getting an arena offhand. Between the frozen shadoweave, spellstrike set, girdle of ruination, and those PvP items, I've reached the point I don't have many real pre-raiding upgrades. Even though my current gloves are only rare, not epic, the S3 gloves would be a step down in spell damage. The only PvP items I've got left that would be a spell damage upgrade would be the vindicator's ring or the S3 offhand.|||Just yesterday I had a look in the Hall of Legends to see what items I could aim for that would be better than what I might be able to get from questing. At the moment I believe that the Heavy Cape is a very nice one, and even though I wouldn't want to be caught dead with that red warstaff I do think that you'll hardly find anything better pre-raid.

You could have a look at the Armoury, and go for 'find upgrade' for your pieces of gear. That ought to help you see if there's anything PvE better than what you've got, and how to get it. Looking for better stuff this way has already given me a few good pointers on nice items. :)|||Just a couple questions:)

I have all the Frozen Shadoweave and spellstrike gear, not to sure id Im in the right spec to benifit me for raiding. Just wondering if theres any good raiding specs that anyone could recommend:).|||I've only raided as affliction, and only in Kara on my warlock. Affliction starts of pretty strong for raiding, because of both the 10% spell hit you can get from talents (which doesn't affect shadowbolt or soulshatter, sadly) and the fact that it's hard to go OOM as an affliction lock.

A close friend of mine has raided as destro, and loved the DPS he could dish out before he went OOM, but went back to affliction because he could sustain DPS better. If you can overcome the mana issues and have a reasonable amount of hit, I'm sure that destro would be good. The spellstrike set is a good source of +spell hit, BTW.

Demonology works, though don't kid yourself about using a pet as an offtank except on soft-hitting mobs. It's probably the least popular raiding spec from the raid leaders point of view, but I wouldn't object to having someone play it until I've at least seen them play it.|||Ive been through that debate with alot of ppl. I like the Demonology spec and been that way since lvl 51 on my lock. I ve tried other specs but seem to go back to a 9/41/11. It seems to be fine in Kara and other heroic instances. I know I might have too respec to another... I might try 0/21/40 which alot ppl are tell me to do.|||There's a guy on my friendslist who keeps telling me to go SL/SL, but I have no intention to respec until I personally find that my current spec (51/10/0) is unsuitable for things like raiding - which probably won't be until I actually start raiding. Until then, everybody can just sod off and stop telling me what to spec as.|||Quite true. Specs are a very personal thing, and I'm a firm believer in that the character is more effective if the player has fun with the spec than if the player dislikes the spec and is only playing it because it's supposed to be the best. Personally, I like affliction, and will probably continue to be affliction until the next expansion, and unless something catches my fancy in the other two trees at that time, I'll probably continue to be affliction even then. Then again, I'll probably never hit the point that we're pushing debuffs off the boss while playing my warlock, as I seem to be locked into playing a healer in any raid larger than 10 man.|||I've enjoyed Demonology spec for a very long time. Ive been playing in a 9/41/11 spec lately. And I truly believe it is how u play your character like u said. Ive tried other specs but thats really the only 1 that I feel comfortable with. With the extra damage and Life from the tree, I'm really not sure if I would respec outta it until the expansion comes out and see what they add.

No comments:

Post a Comment