Saturday, April 21, 2012

Highest dungeon you can solo

This includes the bosses, so all those rogues about to leap in and go 'heroic slave pens' go sit right back down again.

I did Sunken Temple on my 70 Hunter the other night, including all 4 dragons (Morphaz, dreamwing etc) and all the bosses except the one where you have to go round and light up the beacons (because I hate doing that in a group, and solo would have really been boring)

The hardest part was the trash mobs with 4 dragonkin and the 5 or so whelplings... actually had to mend pet a couple of times!

I'm thinking of trying strat live next

Remember... you have to do the bosses to claim a successfull solo!|||I'm just a Discipline Priestess, so it's doubtful I'll get much higher. So far I've taken time out of my levelling to get half-way through Maraudon on my own (done both sides, need to attempt inner). My problem is of course my damage output. I simply don't kill mobs fast enough, and with multiple mobs bashing on me, even with Psychic Scream. I'll keep trying, of course, and see if I have some time while waiting for the next Outland instance run to test my skills. After Maraudon, I'll give the Sunken Temple a try, then maybe BRD. Or Stratholme or Scholomance, as at least I'll have some crowd control with my Shackle.

~~~Larissa|||So far the highest level boss I've killed solo was the level 48 end boss in Zul'Farrak. (yeah, the hydra actually isn't the endboss of the place)

Along with his level 46 add, of course. I did skip all the other bosses through stealth(I'm a druid) except the ones you need to kill to complete the pyramid event, but considering how it went thus far, I'm guessing I could've done them as well.

As for any 100% copletions. I've done SM and RFD through all the bosses.

For the record, I'm not level 70 yet.|||Nice thread,

I am a level 69 hunter and started doing lower instances (just to see if I could)

gnomer - no problems, no drinks and no mend pets 20G took 1 hour

SFK - no problems, no drinks, no mend pets

SM - As above

Uldaman - no problems, no drinks, no mend pets until I reached the Altar of Keepers and could go no further (I forgot the minor detail of needing 3 to use)

I was thinking of trying Maraudon next but may try ST instead in the light of this thread :)

Im only 26K from 70 but going to hang off as my guild is planning a premade 60-69 WG on friday.|||I soloed strat live this weekend on my warlock. Although I did not attempt Canonball Willie (due to the adds)... I needed pots and a priest to give me a fort buff to get Balnazzar in the end but was able to draintank all the bosses fairly easily. Dark Pact was a real help as well. I ran strat dead with a couple other people last night for kicks as well and I'm thinking I can handle that with the exception being maybe the baron. With no one to deal with the skeletons he'd just heal himself.

But I did tank all the bosses except for Ramstein and never got below 70% health... a mage tanked him LOL

Scholo might be tough... I don't know how well I would hold up against rattlegore, the butcher or alexei (again the adds being the concern) and I doubt I could get Jandice when she splits. Gandling would be cake solo though.|||wow live strat? thats hard to believe

as a rogue I seriously doubt I could do that.

Mara is as far as I have gone. Killed Princess with no life left...we both died at the same time. This was about a month ago when I was just 70 so im sure with the new gear I could do alot better|||Can solo some of BRD, some of LBRS, some of scholo, some of every levle 60 instance actually as a hunter|||Anyone with a 60-70 hunter should be able to solo any of those old world dungeons. It just takes a bit of time and knowing what your doing. The only boss I don't think I can kill is the Baron in Undead Strat.

Scholo is actually one of the easiest dungeons to solo. Just takes some time and lots of kiting.|||Quote:








Can solo some of BRD, some of LBRS, some of scholo, some of every levle 60 instance actually as a hunter




Because we have moderate AOE our own tank and a few other things just as before I think hunters will be able to solo alot. At level 60 I was able to solo the last boss in scholo. At 70 I have done all of ST with no issue a good chunk of LBRS and with the help of 2 combat health pots up to rattlegore.|||Quote:








wow live strat? thats hard to believe

as a rogue I seriously doubt I could do that.

Mara is as far as I have gone. Killed Princess with no life left...we both died at the same time. This was about a month ago when I was just 70 so im sure with the new gear I could do alot better




Well at the risk of giving more ammo to the locks are over powered rants... this is basically what it came down too. Blueberry out send him into the groups of trash mobs... tab target through planting seed of corruption. Usually will be mid cast on my fourth seed when the first one goes off and the mobs start running at me. 2nd seed goes off... non elites are dead... 4th seed goes off and most of the elites are dead... at that point I cycle through the targets draining life until they are dead.

Once I got into the scarlet bastion and everything was elite... it could get a little hairy so I did pull some of the groups back to a cleared area so if something went wrong I could instant HoT safely... pop a healthstone get siphon life up on 2-3 and start draining life.

On bosses send blueberry... get full round of Dot's and Curse of Shadows Up life tap to full mana and start drain tanking... soul shatter to shed aggro back to pet temporarily... had health pots and healthstone. Keep in mind with Curse of Shadows and full dot's I'm getting healed by siphon life at 205 per tick and drain life is healing me for 545 per tick (and drain life ticks ever second) and death coil heals me for about 1000. So I'm able to outheal the damage most bosses do. On Balnazzar like I said... I did have to have a priest come and give me a fort buff and used food buffs and pots to up my dmg. It was also very close. But between drainlife, siphon life, healthstone, health pots, death coil, dark pact and saccing my blueberry for shield I was able to just outlast him.

It was slow going though about 2 hours (lots of down time and several corpse runs) also went through like 25 shards. I'm betting a well geared BM hunter could do it too. You can skip most of the trash groups outside the bastion also.

MM hunter in my guild has also soloed BRD multiple times. Go back and try though it's insane how much more power we have. granted we had a full group but we like I said a mage tanked ramstein in strat dead last night rogue tanked the baron... and we killed the baron in like 20 seconds I kid you not... he only got one group of skeletons up.

No comments:

Post a Comment