Saturday, April 21, 2012

Raid Times: Starting and Finishing

Well, I've finally got into a guild that is serious about raiding, hallelujah. I thought I played a fair amount as well (every day from 8pm-midnight/1am).

But I'm worried this isn't enough. Am I doomed never to see the final dungeons?

Because I'm in the UK and my server (Agamaggan) is one hour ahead, I can never get on earlier than 8:30pm server time (I'm a married man with a young child who I have to put to bed every other night). My guild now wants to start raids at 8:00pm so I'll struggle to get invites.

Could some of you post your 'normal' raiding time, especially those of you doing 25-mans? I really need to know if this is usual or if there is a mix of early and 'late' raiders amongst the WoW community.|||we raid from 6 Pm to midnight. i think your group starts rather late.|||My guild raids from 19.00 til about 22-22.30 (UK time).|||to the op:

I am in the same situation as you are, my wife and I play and we log on when our son goes to sleep.

We log on no earlier than 9 pm, raid until 1 am.

Raids start at 10pm.

Are you doomed to never see the final dungeons? Thats hard to say, from the last reports I heard only 60%~ish percent of players had downed ANY 25 man content.

Only 33% of players had downed any content in ssc/tk.

Black temple was at 5%.

10,000,000 players and only 500,000 have even been inside the black temple, the amount to have downed illidan is a lot less.

Odds are you won't see the black temple, and this isn't new. When TBC came along 20% of wow players had never seen the boss of MC which was the first 40 man raid instance in classic wow.|||Current guild:

Week days - 9:30 pm to whenever it is cleared (3 to 4 hours).

Weekends - 4:30pm and 7:30 pm to whenever it is cleared.



Ex-guild:

10:30 pm to 2:00 am (3 or 4 days a week).

It is a very casual guild so it might actually start at 11:00 pm (waiting for ppl). It took days to clear Kara.|||i dont know how i think about these numbers you present there, rgi...

on one hand, of course blizzard wants evceryone to experience their instances. On the othr hand, i think that 80% of the people actualy have been to MC before BC came out is quite a huge number. i think that the other 20% realy werent interested in raiding.

the same with 33% dowing T5 contend, i think the number is quite high, considering that you still ( even after all the nerfes and prequest killing ) need a decent level of dedication and organisation to kill something in there.

Not to mention the lore. I still think it is ok from a ingame logic point of view that not even 10% of the players see Illidan himself. I mean he is the evil overlord of the entire outlands.

This balance will never be perfect, i fear. But blizz certainly indicated that they lean towards letting more "casual" players experience the raids. Something i dont realy agree with, but hey, it is their game.

Zachariah : If you are "doomed to never see the final dungeons" or not depends completely on your guild and the people you play with. What is their attitude towards ou ? If you explain your situations to the other people of your class, do you think they will understand it and try to make room for you as often as you are online ? If not, maybe another guild would be better for you. Maybe even a different timezone, which would put your raiding times closer to "normal" raiding time their time zone ?|||We raid from 20.30 till 23.30, so only 3 hours. 3 nights a week. We've done 5/6 SSC and 3/4 TK.

I think the other guilds at our server who have similar progress raid a lot more.|||honestly, go to wowwiki and look at the guild progressions, and then look at the guilds making those progressions, and the times they raid.

8pm is late for a start, and midnight is about right to end.

Pre-BC, we would raid beginning around 5pm, and raid for more than five hours in a row...sure, we got full clears of BWL, and most of Naxx....But it took long hours.

I now almost never raid, but that is because my palli has all of the kara gear, and I don't want to play five hours each night.|||Quote:








Are you doomed to never see the final dungeons? Thats hard to say, from the last reports I heard only 60%~ish percent of players had downed ANY 25 man content.

Only 33% of players had downed any content in ssc/tk.

Black temple was at 5%.

10,000,000 players and only 500,000 have even been inside the black temple, the amount to have downed illidan is a lot less.

Odds are you won't see the black temple, and this isn't new. When TBC came along 20% of wow players had never seen the boss of MC which was the first 40 man raid instance in classic wow.




I think these figures are actually vastly overstated, certainly the one about MC is. I'm fairly sure that it was actually 20% (roughly) of players had seen the last boss of MC. This was something that Jeff Kaplan stated in an interview before TBC was released.

By the way, had an impromptu Grull run last night with some guildies and friends. Started at 00.20 (server time)!|||We raid from 8-12 CET three times a week (+ some 10-mans). For the people living in UK that's 7-11 pm. We used to start the raids earlier on one of the nights (sunday) but it just made it more unfocused raids imo.

No comments:

Post a Comment