Saturday, April 21, 2012

Guild Raiding Times

For the past few guilds I have been a part of, all of them start raids LATE. Every single guild I talk to on my realm (Burning Legion) have a starting time of around 8:00pm ST or later. Add an extra hour to that for EST time and that means starting raids at 9:00pm. Once we all get into the instance and begin clearing mobs, it is 9:30pm. An average raid for a 25 man like SSC or TK will last 4 or 5 hours. That means ending the raid at 2:30am EST. I have to get up at 5:30am to go to school every day. Obviously the raid times on my realm will not work for me. What I need is a guild that starts raids at around 3:00pm ST. That way we can get in and be done by around 8:30pm ST. I believe my current realm is mostly EST time. This confuses me because I don't know why people would want to end a raid at 2:30 in the morning. Does anyone here know of a realm that I could transfer to that has guilds that start raids around 3:00pm ST? I am just sick of having to leave raids early. Any info is greatly appreciated.|||Or find an EST server/guild combo. The problem with Central servers (I'm on one too) is that they really arent central. EST folks run into the issue you see. But that 8pm start is 6pm for me and others on the west coast and pushing it much earlier means that anyone who works until 5 couldn't raid. Even 6 is pushing it if you want some food before the raid.

It might just be time to find an EST server and a guild on it that starts at 6 or 7pm EST. Now, you still will end at 10-11... and 5:30 comes around pretty fast.

So I guess there's another issue... are you in a position to raid? I know I really need 7-8 hours sleep and if you need to be up at 5:30 that's hitting the hay and sleeping at 9:30. Maybe a guild that raids Thu-Sun so that only one day is a school day?|||Well put it this way. I plan to be off WoW at 9:30 EST. Fridays and Saturdays a little later because I don't have school the next day.

My intention is to find a guild that starts at around 4:00 or 5:00 EST at the latest. 6:00 or 7:00 would be classified as too late for me. So that brings me back to my question. Where can I find a realm where there would be guilds willing to start at that time?|||Oh bah... sorry, I missed the time reference in your first post...

I'd check the guild recruitment forum on the official site. I'd bet an EST server will be more likely to match what you need. The problem is going to be that any guild raiding that early will be restricted to people in school and off-shift workers since no one holding a day job will be able to start that early.|||Thanks for the advice. I'll look around on there.|||Hey,

So I'm switching guilds and have put a bit more thought into this. My issue is that I rolled on a US Central time server and I live in Pacific time. So a guild that starts at 7pm server is too early for me.

Here's what I did:

Went to http://www.warcraftrealms.com/realmstats.php and grabbed the list of servers. I actually copied and pasted the table into Excel. I then sorted by timezone and deleted the non PST servers. The I sorted by total population. If A to H ratio matters you can see that too. After doing this you can see some high pop servers in a timezone. At that point you can go look at http://wowjutsu.com for who's raiding at the level you're interested in (SSC/TK for me). Yeah, I know, that site isn't 100%... but it's still a starting point. Now you can see a few guilds on a few realms that work for you. Go to the guild web sites (I just googled for them) and read about whether they're recruiting, start times, etc.|||Very helpful, thanks




Quote:








Hey,

So I'm switching guilds and have put a bit more thought into this. My issue is that I rolled on a US Central time server and I live in Pacific time. So a guild that starts at 7pm server is too early for me.

Here's what I did:

Went to http://www.warcraftrealms.com/realmstats.php and grabbed the list of servers. I actually copied and pasted the table into Excel. I then sorted by timezone and deleted the non PST servers. The I sorted by total population. If A to H ratio matters you can see that too. After doing this you can see some high pop servers in a timezone. At that point you can go look at http://wowjutsu.com for who's raiding at the level you're interested in (SSC/TK for me). Yeah, I know, that site isn't 100%... but it's still a starting point. Now you can see a few guilds on a few realms that work for you. Go to the guild web sites (I just googled for them) and read about whether they're recruiting, start times, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment