Thursday, April 19, 2012

Raiding questions

Hello all,

I have a 70 rogue and I'm thinking about raiding with him. Just hit 70 a little while ago and I've been in my buddies PvP guild. However I only have the S1 swords cause I'm not on him very often, I find PvP to be somewhat boring as of right now b/c my gear is not that good.

My first question is what do my stats need to be before I can consider finding a raiding guild?

Secondly, How long would you say it takes to down the "average boss?" I tend to not beable to play for more than a few hours before I have to stop playing for a while and do something else for a little while (30 min or so). I have heard from my mage buddy that has the PvP guild, that raiding is generally 4 or 5 hours several nights during the week depending on the guild and that to me seems like too much for one sitting.

Anyway, thanks for your help in advance.

Cal.|||raids take time, be prepared to spend that time on WoW or find a guild that understands your situation

you're going to need hit, I'm not a rogue, so I don't know how much, its a good question for the rogue forums, as well as info re: spec

you're going to need enough health to survive all the horrible terrible awful things that happen in melee range

you're generally going to need better gear than you've got, though you could probably do stuff like kara if you've got some decent weapons, arent constantly missing, and dont get one shot the instant you see a mob

take the statistical questions to the rogue forum, and anything more specific you can tell us, like what you want to raid and what kind of gear you've got, would help us help you|||Quote:








Secondly, How long would you say it takes to down the "average boss?"




A few minutes. That's not the time-consuming bit. The part that takes time is getting the raid together, getting everyone there, and clearing through trash etc.- and then recovering from any wipes and so forth.

You have to be prepared to put some time in, especially for stuff which isn't on "farm" status for your guild. There's no way around this. a top-end guild can clear somewhere like SSC or Hyjal in a couple of hours, but for another guild for whom Karazhan is still progression.. well, it can take a couple of evenings to fully clear the place.

No comments:

Post a Comment