Saturday, April 21, 2012

How can you see someone is attuned to Karazhan on the armory

We recently had someone aply for a raid spot for this week's kara run who isn't attuned yet (according to an ex guildie of him).

He says he is attuned, but never been in Kara.

How much Violet Eye rep should someone have when he did the entire attunement quest line but never set foot into kara?

Anyone knows?

I don't want to be in LFG for an extra dps slot for Kara, never know what you might get|||Perhaps others can help you on the answer to the rep question...

I'd like to suggest that you first believe the person (presumably a guildie) and if he turns out to be wrong, try to find out why. Have him link his key? Sure, people can fake that, but he won't do so if he wants to stay in the guild.

The ex-guildie probably doesn't keep track of everything the applicant does, and may not be up to speed on his attunements.|||Since he only recently transferred to us, I'm not sure if I can believe him, but I am inclined to do so. He seems to be a good guy too; just very defensive when Kara comes up. That makes me a bit suspicious.

It's just a first time Kara run for many of us and I want it to go as smoothly as possible :)|||[70] Arcane Disturbances (250 reputation)

[70] Restless Activity (250 reputation)

[70] Contact from Dalaran (75 reputation)

[70] Khadgar (75 reputation)

[70] Entry Into Karazhan (250 reputation)

[70] The Second and Third Fragments (350 reputation)

[70] The Master's Touch (350 reputation)

That's.. 1600/3000 neutral, I think..|||Any mobkills outside Kara that add rep? for the first two quests...|||Not 100% sure, but wowwiki says:


Quote:




You get reputation for killing bosses and trash mobs in Karazhan. Each trash mob awards around 15 reputation and the bosses 250 reputation. Reputation is also gained from the quest line for [The Master's Key], as well as the quest line which takes place inside the instance.




I'm 90% sure the mobs outside didn't used to- if they do now (since bliz are nerfing everything), I couldn't say. It has been a while since I had a 70 below exalted. It's a good point, though I'd be a bit scared of someone who went to all those lengths to look attuned when they weren't (if it were possible). I don't see the payoff..|||If he is a guildie there is a tool which you can use to check everyone's heroic keys and I think it includes Karazhan. You just type your realm and guild name in and it gives you a full list of members.

Unfortunately the page has goldseller ads on it so I can't link it but check your PMs.|||He turns out to be attuned :) but he has more rep than you calculated Moopy, he has 2175 total rep.



Must be the mobs outside Kara then.

Thanks for the help guys!|||Quote:








He turns out to be attuned :) but he has more rep than you calculated Moopy, he has 2175 total rep.



Must be the mobs outside Kara then.

Thanks for the help guys!




In two hours, you went from not knowing to knowing...

What confirmed it, out of curiosity?|||Yeah, what I listed was a minimum, there's a bit more that you can do outside kara after you have your key from Medivh, returning to the NPCs outside Kara itself, I don't think it was mobs..

No comments:

Post a Comment