Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Keep diying at Gruul

Rogue here, did Gruuls at least 10 times, with guild and pug, and I keep diying during shatter. I have DBM, I know the fight, and I can't figure out what I am doing wrong.

Being melee I am there with the tanks, on one side or at the back of course, it seems to me that when he throws people in the air it's anybody's guess where you land, and have only a very short time to get away from each other before you cannot move anymore.

I tried to get away a second before he actually starts the whole thing, but then healers scream that i will be positioned too close to them and kill them. I tried to stay right under Gruul when he starts the thing, and steer the best I can away from others. Sooner or later i die.

I either have bad luck or i got the whole fight wrong. Please help.|||During flight, turn around and look where you're going.

Find a free spot and aim for it.

It's fairly easy to survive 3 people clumped up as long as your health is okay.|||it is completely random, your only chance is to have fast reactions and see where you fly to, see who else is flying in that direction and where free space will be. as long as you do ok and the others arent blind either you should be fine.|||Also, don't forget that as a rogue you can use CLoS to avoid the slow-down effect. You'll still receive the shatter damage but it should make maneuvering away from everyone else a bit easier. CLoS is on a short enough timer that I seem to be able to use it every time Gruul does his ground slam.|||Quote:








Also, don't forget that as a rogue you can use CLoS to avoid the slow-down effect. You'll still receive the shatter damage but it should make maneuvering away from everyone else a bit easier. CLoS is on a short enough timer that I seem to be able to use it every time Gruul does his ground slam.






Ah that's a good one, thank you, never thought to use CoS, will do next time.|||I think it's DBM that does it, but I have a "too close" indicator. Occasionally, the best thing you can do is stand still and let others move away from you.

Whatever you do, move away from the tank and healers. And if you see the timer coming up, check your hp. If you're not topped off, bandage. Don't rely on the healers... top yourself off. That way if you get grouped with others you might survive.|||And maybe work on some stamina gear. Unless you are consistently landing amidst 2 or more other people I think you should be able to survive the shatter. And if you are doing that then you really need to work on your positioning more cos there is no excuse for it.|||Quote:








And maybe work on some stamina gear. Unless you are consistently landing amidst 2 or more other people I think you should be able to survive the shatter. And if you are doing that then you really need to work on your positioning more cos there is no excuse for it.




positioning before shatter has nothing to do with where you land during shatter itself, it is completely random.

and about the hp set : i normaly have 7.5k life unbuffed on my priest and i can survive 2 or even 3 people going off next to me when shatter hits. so i dont know exacty what the OP does, they must be running around in groups all he time.|||Quote:








positioning before shatter has nothing to do with where you land during shatter itself, it is completely random.




Yes, sorry. I meant where you end up for the shatter rather than where you land.

And whenever I read the thread title I picture someone putting up some shelves or fixing a tap in Gruul's Lair. DIYing at Gruul.|||Quote:








And whenever I read the thread title I picture someone putting up some shelves or fixing a tap in Gruul's Lair. DIYing at Gruul.




Lord knows that place could use some DIY. Some drapes would really liven up that cave.

No comments:

Post a Comment