Saturday, April 14, 2012

Dps problems during raids.

[:1]http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...orms&n=Laochin

Thats my gear, im not "perfectly" geared, but my base AP and Hit rating are pretty good, from what ive been told.

But i still can't get my dps over 2k..

My rotation is

Concencration, JoW, CS, and Divine Storm, and Excursism, But it still seems like my DPS is Always low in raids.

In heroics i can pull around 2k-2500

I've asked people and my guild and they cant tell me the answer, so i thought i would come to you guys for help.



Any help is welcome, please and thank you|||http://be.imba.hu/?zone=US&realm=Alt...racter=Laochin

That 29 missing hit rating would help a bit.

Unfotunately i dont know enough about your class to help with rotation.

If you have high ping get Quartz addon that will help with you spam skills more effectively.|||Quote:








http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...orms&n=Laochin

Thats my gear, im not "perfectly" geared, but my base AP and Hit rating are pretty good, from what ive been told.

But i still can't get my dps over 2k..

My rotation is

Concencration, JoW, CS, and Divine Storm, and Excursism, But it still seems like my DPS is Always low in raids.

In heroics i can pull around 2k-2500

I've asked people and my guild and they cant tell me the answer, so i thought i would come to you guys for help.



Any help is welcome, please and thank you






What seal are you using? Are you using might or kings?|||I'm using might, and i use seal of blood/matyr|||isnt 2-2.5k acceptable for someone without a single epic item and still quite a few green items ?|||Ret doesnt really have a set rotation, but rather a priority list. CS, (Hammer of Wrath), Judgement, DS, Exorcism, (Holy Wrath). If 2 skills come off cd at the same time use the higher priority one, but dont wait for a higher prio to come off cd in half a sec if you can use another one right now. Seal should be Blood/Martyr.

For gearing you should aim for hit cap, which is 8% for melee. You're a bit over the cap and could trade 0.63% worth of rating for str by regemming. You have 0 expertise which is rather huge, but I'm not sure if it's worth gemming for. As a rule of thumb get to hit cap by whatever means necessary, then gem str and get expertise as close to cap as possible from gear. Also you want the agi & increased crit damage meta. For the 1 blue gem requirement you can get a hybrid with hit if you need it or a prismatic Enchanted Tear.|||id say your dps is ok considering the gear you have. you not got anything enchanted and its a mix of greens blues and the odd opic thrown in|||Quote:








id say your dps is ok considering the gear you have. you not got anything enchanted and its a mix of greens blues and the odd opic thrown in




I wasnt really asking if you thought my dps was ok?

Kinda need construction criticism, so i can make my dps better.|||Quote:








I wasnt really asking if you thought my dps was ok?

Kinda need construction criticism, so i can make my dps better.




get better gear. enchant your gear. gem your gear.

Dont use the pvp stuff for Pve, get proper PvE gear.

There you have it.

Your dps is ok considering the gear you wear. With better gear and gemming/enchanting you can probably double your dps.|||Quote:








I wasnt really asking if you thought my dps was ok?

Kinda need construction criticism, so i can make my dps better.




I can't check your armory or be.imba from work but reading the comments, the answer is simple.

"ENCHANT your gear"

I don't know how to say the rest in a nice way so I'll just say it. If you are getting into raids (10 or 25 mans) with no enchants, you are probably in a PUG where all 10 or 25 people are from completely different guilds and the raid doesn't get very far. I've been in these and get very frustrated. I can't really complain since I'm learning most of the fights myself though. Your better raids will gear check you before inviting and if you aren't enchanted, you can forget an invite.

2 good websites that will give you advice on gear upgrades are

maxdps.com and be.imba.hu.

Both will also tell you where to obtain the upgrades (be realistic...Don't set a goal of an Uldar heroic item to replace a green). I take all of my character's items and pick 3 upgrades for each slot that are reasonably obtained and mark where (boss or badges and instance) those drop.

No comments:

Post a Comment