Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Best class for solo farming instances?

I want to make a character that will be able to go through instances solo to make gold. I've narrowed my choice for a class down to two, but I can't decide which would be better.

Rogues would be good for their ability to sneak past most mobs, lockpick chests, pick pocket mobs, stealth nodes, and handle multiples mobs at a time with stuns.

A Frost Mage is my other choice for being able to go in and have control over most of the fights with freezes and slowing effects. The mage can't pick locks but will probably make up for that with the ability to get more kills. Also I could go Engineering for Seaforium Charges.

If anyone has any other suggestions for good classes, please let me know.|||Prot Pally, and feral drood, by far.

Both can heal, and take and deal damage.|||if you want to solo dungeons then go grab a warlock. you can find plenty of sites with locks showing you how they solo high lvl dungeons. hunters are pretty good as well with traps and feign to help along. palas and druids might be able to take and deal damage but they cant cc and drop agro like a hunter can and they dont have the multi fear and dots that a lock has has. pluss both locks anad hunters are great farmers as well no matter what you are doing|||Well, can't speak from experience from the feral druid, but my nephew didn't need help when I asked him to help me get my epic land mount from the paladin quest. He was prot at the time and we took the long way, only thing he needed to do was drink. I healed him a few times just to have something to do, but I was just along for the ride. He could pull multiple mobs easily throughout it.

That being said, any pet class, Warlock or Hunter can do amazing things as well if done right.|||Watch the Hobbs videos on youtube. Search Paladin Hobbs on there. He's a prot pally who usually brings low level helpers along and does SM Cathedral in a single pull.

My pally is only 62 and can do SM Cathedral solo in about 8 pulls, but I tend to make more cash on her doing places like RFK in 3 pulls. As soon as I got the Petrified Lichen Guard from sporeggar, I started soloing much better with her.

Mages are also good, but you have to do smaller pulls.|||The downside if using a paladin is that you'll have to kill everything. Stealthing with a druid or having feign death really cuts down on time. Feign death saves tons of time as there will be times you don't get the run right the first few tries..

I'm not sure I'd recommend a lock. You end up with having to kite/abuse terrain at hardhitting bosses. You can't tank them yourself and the VW is no good. Hunterpets can get very strong with the right specc and abilities.

lol, writing this in between Archi attempts, just got out forst kill :D|||My guildie soloed normal Ramparts with his Hunter. Pretty impressive imo, I can't even do a Baron run on my rogue.|||Quote:








Watch the Hobbs videos on youtube. Search Paladin Hobbs on there. He's a prot pally who usually brings low level helpers along and does SM Cathedral in a single pull.




Not that hard, a resto shammy with a fire elemental can wreak havoc there also.|||Quote:








Not that hard, a resto shammy with a fire elemental can wreak havoc there also.




Single pull though? My lock with a couple well placed seeds of corruption and siphon life can do well there, but if I get more than a handful of Scarlets hitting me I tend to die :)|||Quote:








Single pull though? My lock with a couple well placed seeds of corruption and siphon life can do well there, but if I get more than a handful of Scarlets hitting me I tend to die :)




Nope, not single pull. I aggo mobs, drop an earthbind, cast and focus the elemental, and it nukes the mobs down with AoE. Just pure joy. The elemental's AoE is an instant, so as long as it gets the aggro, I'm not bothered by pushback.

No comments:

Post a Comment