Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Bloodboil - Fel Rage on Shadow Priests

Hey there,

Next week, I'm joining a BT guild on my Shadow Priest, and I've been told to read up on all the strategies so I don't fall behind. I'm not an idiot, and I understand all of them well enough to play through them, but I'm unsure what to do if Bloodboil casts Fel Rage on me.

It stands to reason that I'm going to be taking crazy damage, and I'm gonna need healing up as much as possible, but is it worth me dropping Shadowform and healing myself and not just leaving it to the healers? Dropping Shadowform and healing, then putting Shadowform back up will easily cost me ~2k mana, which is mana you don't really have in this DPS intensive fight. Also, if I don't drop Shadowform to heal, I could DPS, and 300% increased DPS is crazy, and would probably help the raid a lot.

If any of you play a Shadow Priest, could you tell me what you do in this fight?

Thanks|||yes you drop shadowform and spam heals on yourself like there is no tomorrow. shield yourself as well, cast inner fire, ANYTHING that helps you survive the nect 20 seconds.

you healing yourself with 300% more heal is more important than you doing 300% damage. No matter if you are oom after these 20 seconds.|||Okay. Thanks for the help twoflower, I'll do that then!|||Hm.

I'd think the damage reduction from Shadow Form would help quite a bit to make you survive already. Still far easier than a Mage for sure.|||shadow form reduces melee damage by 15 % ?

mage ice armor reduces atack speed by 25% + you can spam mana shield every cooldown which will reduce every hit by 1k.

i guess mage has more damage reduction possibilities :)

still, you have to do ANYTHING to survive the fel rage. it is the main point in the encounter imo. having groups walk for and backwards will be clear by the second try if you dont have complete muppets in your raid.|||In all the times that we've done Gurtogg, my shadow priest has been the target of Fel Rage only once. I didn't bother dropping SF; instead, I popped Devouring Plague, shielded myself, recast all DoTs, and let VE serve as the source of heals for myself *and* my group. And since I was in a healer group, this strategy also ensured that all our healers were at full mana by the time Fel Rage ended.

(Plus, without Healing Focus, you won't manage to get off many heals, anyway)|||I agree with Shallar, stay shadow. During the rage you will gain 15k armour, with shadow form you will hit 80% some mitigation. Even more if you pop Grace of Elune.

No comments:

Post a Comment