Thursday, April 12, 2012

First Official Dungeon

[:1]I actually got the time to do a full dungeon today, and I didn't get killed then miss the final boss. I did Ragefire Chasm (lawl ima newb) and actually, it was more fun than I thought it would be! It was cool to have more health than the tank, and I liked feeling domininant over the little troggs. But can anyone tell me, how often does it come up where some guy rolls need on every single nice item? We had an axe come up with like 6 less damage per second than his 13 dps rare and he rolled need, won it, and didn't equip. Does it happen a lot?|||ideally this wouldn't happen at all - unfortunately, this "ninja looting" is not uncommon and the only thing you can do is to tell the person that this isn't the done thing and kick if he carries on.

Or you can view the whole thing pragmatically and tell yourself that even if you had won the item, it would be replaced soon.

Just about the only reasonable excuse I can think of is that he has enchanting as a profession and need the materials to level that. But that's only if nobody else really needs it.|||Simply put, some people are selfish jerks. There isn't much you can do about it. No matter what system is in place, those types of people will try to find ways to exploit it.

The best advice I can give is that when you see someone do something like that, but them on ignore. (Right click their name and it should come up in the menu as an option.) That way, the random dungeon system won't put you in a group with them again.|||Quote:








Simply put, some people are selfish jerks.




Or he was an even bigger newb than OP (no offence :p ). When I started I didn't know what it all meant either and I though that "greed" had such a negative connotation that I rather needed.

Thank god I met a nice druid who explained me how it all works.

If you meet someone like that, ask him if he knows what he's doing. If he doesn't, explain it and if he doesn't change his ways, boot him.

Your party members (most likely with several heirlooms) didn't watch the drops as closely as you did and thus he could get away with it. If you make your group aware they will most likely stop for a moment and give the "offender" an earful.

No comments:

Post a Comment