Saturday, April 14, 2012

lvl 50 question zone?

[:1]im lvl 54 now...

I finished all quests in un goro creator and I like to switch to new area

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...pear&n=Xiaogou

my gear atm|||I usually don't hit Ungoro until 52, so I guess you got there a little earlier? Hmm...

My usual route is to hit a few of the quests in Ashara near 50, so that's something you can do.

Your best bet is likely to be Felwood. Lots to do, but the zone is a pain to navigate. Still, if you stick with it you will gain at least 1.5 levels.

Still too early for Silithus and Winterspring, but that's okay because I hate those zones. Your big goal is to get to somewhere between 55 and 56 so you can hit WPL. That's such a great zone with tons of quests that will carry you to 58 easily.|||tbh 50-58 is like the worst time i ever had when i made my first character , i ended up doing BRD like over and over and WPL when i could get there , was biggest ***** ever....|||Quote:








tbh 50-58 is like the worst time i ever had when i made my first character , i ended up doing BRD like over and over and WPL when i could get there , was biggest ***** ever....




I also did Felwood between Ungoro (loved that zone to bits) and WPL. Once in WPL I really didn't like passing through Andorhal all the time so I didn't like it there. EPL just scared me .

Eventually I couldn't wait to see Outland and took a mage portal to Shattrah at L57, stealthed through Terrokar to Honor Hold and grinded Buzzards to L58 in a single sitting .|||Quote:








I also did Felwood between Ungoro (loved that zone to bits) and WPL. Once in WPL I really didn't like passing through Andorhal all the time so I didn't like it there. EPL just scared me .

Eventually I couldn't wait to see Outland and took a mage portal to Shattrah at L57, stealthed through Terrokar to Honor Hold and grinded Buzzards to L58 in a single sitting .




This is also a viable option, though keep in mind that since the quest changes (in 2.3?) where they buffed old world quest experience, it is actually more efficient to level until about 59.5-60 before going to outland.

Of course, you can go to outland at 58 and once you get a few items be totally fine and leave hellfire at about 62-63.|||Quote:








im lvl 54 now...

I finished all quests in un goro creator and I like to switch to new area

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...pear&n=Xiaogou

my gear atm




I'd suggest Felwood (as a few others have). Some good drops there and a number of quests that aren't that difficult and do level you up quickly.

You might be able to do the simplest ones in Winterspring. Some of them are the kind that require you to go to an area and kill a given number of creatures.

Levelling, I think, from about 40 to 58 when you go to Outlands, can be a real slog. A lot of the quests are tedious and not very interesting. But it's worth keeping at it.|||I might be the only person in existence who actually loves the plagueland quests. My response to these levels was to make 53 in Felwood, then run for WPL...onward to EPL from there.|||Quote:








This is also a viable option, though keep in mind that since the quest changes (in 2.3?) where they buffed old world quest experience, it is actually more efficient to level until about 59.5-60 before going to outland.

Of course, you can go to outland at 58 and once you get a few items be totally fine and leave hellfire at about 62-63.




I levelled another char last week and did Felwood until about 53, then went to WPL (those cauldron quests reward LOTS of XP) and on to EPL as Semii suggested. You get some quests off Tirion Fordring by the river to kill lots of mobs, they use up a few bars alone.

I normally move on to Hellfire the moment I ding 58, reason being because the loot is so much better, and there's a brand new quest hub simply bristling with things to do. I found 58-60 went by in about 3 hours. By the time I'd done all the quests in Hellfire I was 64, 66 after Zangermarsh and hit 68 while doing Terrokar - then took the boat to Northrend.

Quick tips:

The riding trainers in Hellfire sell epic flying for 4k gold, the one in Dalaran still wanted to charge me 5k. Normal flying is available at level 60, epic flying at lvl 70.

A level 80 char can buy an heirloom tome for 1k gold at the riding trainer in Dalaran, which can be posted to alts. It allows one of your chars to fly in Northrend at level 68+, instead of having to wait until level 77 as normal.|||Quote:








I normally move on to Hellfire the moment I ding 58, reason being because the loot is so much better, and there's a brand new quest hub simply bristling with things to do. I found 58-60 went by in about 3 hours. By the time I'd done all the quests in Hellfire I was 64, 66 after Zangermarsh and hit 68 while doing Terrokar - then took the boat to Northrend.




This is very true, although it's important to keep in mind that jumping early means you face enemies that are far harder to kill than you'd otherwise have to face while leveling in Azeroth (for 58-60) or Outland (68-70). Yes, you get more xp for killing them, but it's just a matter of what side of the trade off you want.

Of course, while I want to jump to northrend as soon as possible the quest hub in Area 52 is just too dense and too packed to leave out (and goes by so fast) even if I'm 58 when I reach it. I'd rather be able to stick in one of the two Northrend starter zones and finish it instead of having to hop in between because I don't qualify for quests because I'm too low level.|||Quote:








I normally move on to Hellfire the moment I ding 58, reason being because the loot is so much better, and there's a brand new quest hub simply bristling with things to do. I found 58-60 went by in about 3 hours. By the time I'd done all the quests in Hellfire I was 64, 66 after Zangermarsh and hit 68 while doing Terrokar - then took the boat to Northrend.




A good reason to go to Outlands at 58 is that the XP awarded for quests is much higher (and you don't need enormous numbers of points to level until 60), so you make up the next two levels really quickly.

I have to say I've never quite understood why the XP required to level went so high when TBC came out. You need a whole lot more, but you earn a whole lot more per quest, so what is the point?

No comments:

Post a Comment