Wednesday, April 18, 2012

monster levels in instances?

is there a list of instances by monster level so I can see if I'm still going to get xp out of it?

I see in different places there's a "recommended level"--I don't know what that's supposed to mean. As a new tank I need to be waiting until I'm on the high side, but I run the risk of going beyond an instance while training up for it.

What i've done so far is if the quest turns gray then I give up on that instance, but i'd like some way to know ahead of time when this is going to happen.

I've yet to do a full instance run at the proper level :/|||This what you're looking for?

http://www.wowwiki.com/Instances_by_continent|||not exactly.

here again we have "advised level." I don't how to interpret that. I'd rather have the raw data and advise myself.

but at least it lists all the end bosses on the same page. now all I have to do is go through the list and get the levels of all the end bosses

Thanks for that link anyway, its a starting point.|||Advised level is "suggested as to when you go into the instance." or... The best levels you SHOULD be going into the instance. For example, SM Cath is essentially a 36-42 instance, and so it's "Recommended" at 36-42 players.|||You should be fine at the highest recommended level on that list I think, but gear will make a big difference. If you're undergeared/wrongly geared you'll run into problems even over the recommended level, but good gear can also help you get by even if you're not at the highest level.

Some things can't be countered by gear however. You'll take more crushing blows (possible added damage from higher level monsters) and critical hits. Your armor will also provide less protection against higher level monsters.

Keeping the mobs on you will also be harder as you will get more miss, dodge and parry. The stats that counter this aren't common or even available at lower levels (hit and expertise) and your relatively lower weapon skill will also cause more of these.

I'm not sure exactly what level you are, but the boost to experience from quests at 20-60(?) a while ago will make you outlevel instances pretty fast these days. I'd have a go at something being a level or two over highest recommended level for your first full run.

Having proper gear and knowing how to play as a tank will make all the difference here. I'm sure the appropriate class forum can be of more help with this. Obviously, bad players in your group can also ruin a run and God knows there's enough of them out there.|||If you're talking about me, I have all but 1 class to 60+ so far so... I'm not worried about the whole instance thing.|||I'm a level 43 alliance warrior.

So it looks like i could do razorfen downs, accepting that I won't get xp from most kills, but would get the quest and a chance at the cool helm.

Should probably skip scarlet monastery at this point

Uldaman would be good.|||you will gain xp for killing a mob 8 or 9 levels below your lvl any thing higher than 9 levels and the mob will be grey to you and worth no xp.

tanking against mobs that are green to you i.e. 2-3 levels or more below you is pointless and a total waste of time. you will not have any problems dealing with them and as you will out gear tht instance yu wll get no actual training benefit from tanking them as they will behave different to mobs that aare yellow or orange to you.

the level advised from sites like wow wiki or in atlas actualy mean something and if you follow the advise then you might actualy learn how to run a dungeon|||RFD = 42-48ish I thought?|||well. that is another problem. different sites will have different info which is why I want the raw data instead of someone else making a recommendation.

-------

On the linked site the range is tighter than what I see in most places...checking one of the instance wiki pages it seems that it is directly tied to monster level...I guess i'd have to check every single page to be sure (assuming mlvls are included) but for now I will use that list.

No comments:

Post a Comment