Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Nature Resistance?

Last night after downing Mag, raid group went to Gruul. Raid leader told me to get my Nature Resistance gear. WTH? I didn't have any so I went in my normal gear. I have several questions.

1) What do I need Nature Resistance for? The other Hunter in party had 182, I had 43 (10 from Night Elf and 33 from buffs).

2) The raid leader said I would need the Nature Resistance for later. I never needed it for Gruul. I did die on Gruul when he had 5% left from a cave in. Is there another boss named Hydross or something like that where I would need it?

3) What gear has Nature Resistance? I saw the Living set had like +5 per piece but that doesn't seem like enough. Assuming I need this, should I go all out for Nature Resistance and give up everything else (dps, AGI, Stam)?

Thanks|||As hunter, you'd only need NR gear if you're tanking the shaman boss on High King Mulgar in Gruul's lair. Although, last time I did, I just used my Aspect of the Wild & nothing else :p

Only one tank needs NR gear for tanking Hydross in SSC, and one tank needs Frost resist gear. Rest don't need anything special.|||Quote:








As hunter, you'd only need NR gear if you're tanking the shaman boss on High King Mulgar in Gruul's lair. Although, last time I did, I just used my Aspect of the Wild & nothing else :p

Only one tank needs NR gear for tanking Hydross in SSC, and one tank needs Frost resist gear. Rest don't need anything special.




Thanks. That Shaman boss killed me about half way through the fight but he killed me with melee, not casting nature spells on me. I'll definitely go with Aspect of the wild on him. It will be frowned upon if I don't get some NR gear though. Any idea where I can find NR gear?|||just look around the AH for nature resist rings. i think they're called, "of Nature Protection," or something similar.|||Quote:








Thanks. That Shaman boss killed me about half way through the fight but he killed me with melee, not casting nature spells on me. I'll definitely go with Aspect of the wild on him. It will be frowned upon if I don't get some NR gear though. Any idea where I can find NR gear?




Can't remember ever using NR on either our Hunters or Moonkins tanking the Shaman. His spells don't hurt enough to really be a hassle. As you said, it was the melee killing you - which is something you definitely want to avoid. There's a reason he's tanked by Ranged rather than Melee.|||You can just use a couple "Of Nature Protection" items. For example, rings aren't THAT powerful, and you could swap a ring or two for "Of Nature Protection" rings, that'll boost you by around +70 if you get 2 65+ level rings. It can be useful if the raid's just starting.

No comments:

Post a Comment