Thursday, April 12, 2012

raid loot

[:1]I am not new to the game but I am fairly new to raiding. I started doing the ICC raids. Now I did that raid 4 or 5 times before I realized everyone was quitting right before we co to kill all the bosses and LK. My question/complaint is after 5 runs thru I got 1 piece of shoulder leather that was not even close to the level of what I already had. Now whenever I clicked on a dead mob or boss all was red and inaccessible , so i figured out, with no help from anyone in the raid, that you had to roll for it. My question is how to I know when to roll and how do I know what I'm rolling for? I kept seeing people rolling but never saw anyone say what they were rolling for or why they rolled at that time. Did the Group leader get all the stuff and then whisper to certain people to roll and then whoever (from the people he told) got the highest roll he gave it to them? I mean I saw in the chat when they got it just like when you loot regularly. I'm completely confused. did the leader just not give me the chance to roll on stuff that I could use or did I not roll at the right times. I am completely disillusioned with the whole deal now because it burns up cash on repair and consumables and I thought I would get some cool gear or at least something good but I mean 5 times and squat? That's a little hard to take. I'm beginning to get the idea that the only way to get any raid loot is to only raid with people you know because that is who gets all the loot. Am I missing something? I saw a lot of cool stuff that I could have used each time as well as armor and weapons I couldn't use and there were only 25 people, surely one thing should have come my way. My boomkin kicks as well and people were pleased with his performance each time and made comments to that fact so I'm confused or is it really come raid with us but we're giving all our buddies the loot?

Thanks in advance for your help

LW

ps posted this in newb forum as well oops thought this might be a better place|||Wall of text x 2!

Sorry, couldn't be bothered to read the entire thing. Loot rules are usually decided before the raid starts. If you don't know what they are, ask. If you're not getting a fair roll on things, then say something.

TBH I only raid with people I know and trust - PUG raiding sounds like a complete nightmare. Find a good raiding guild and go get the gear you want (or wait till next Tuesday and replace all your gear with quest greens) ;)|||Thread closed as it's a duplicate of one posted already.

Please do not spam threads.

No comments:

Post a Comment