Thursday, April 12, 2012

Survivability and access to raids

[:1]Generally: what is required to join a PUG for a 10/25 man raid? By required I mean what are the typical judgmental stats that may get you invite to a raid?



Also I have gone to a few raids now maybe (2). I seem to die awfully quick.

Is it my gear? If so at what point will my gear help me last longer in a raid?

Here is a link to my armory.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...eam&cn=Yosucka



I actually enjoy the raiding (didn't think I would) and I really want to get into it.

Ty for any help.|||If you find yourself quickly dead in the raid, I bet you are in the wrong spot. Check out some videos of the fights you are positioned correctly.

If you aren't in the wrong spot, what kills you?|||Required :

- No more green items

- proper enchants

- proper gems ( not the cheap green ones ! )

I would suggest doing more 5 man heroics . Your life is still very small, it can be hard to keep you up. If you stand in the wrong spot, it is possible that you get one-shot from a AoE.|||I get 1 shot by bosses aoe typically or I get hit with 4-5 aoes and the range is way further then I can escape to. SO you think my gear has something to do with it?|||I told you how to improve your gear.

If you are getting one-shot by boss aoe's, you are probably standing in the wrong place. Read up strategies, and pay special attention to the parts that actualy concern your role in the raid. If you get hit by 4-5 AoE's and still die, the healer didnt heal you in between, which is his mistake. Keep in mind though that you can avoid most AoE's if you pay attention.

It is also part of paying attention to check your combat log when you die. Who / what did how much damage to you ? Were these damage sources avoidable ? In what time frame did you take enugh damage to die ? All important informations.

1 : Improve your gear as i told you in my last post.

2 : Get information on the boss fights

3 : Pay attention during the boss fights.

4 : Kill bosses :)|||it really all depends on what raid. If you're on about Outlands raids, then you're good to go :-)

But if you're on about ICC/RS, then you're not ready. Not really geared for Ulduar or TotC either. As mentioned by other posters, you need to work on your gear. Do random heroics, get JPs and get your gear replaced. Ideally with iLvl 251, but 232 would also do at a pinch. When farming for JPs, don't forget the weekly.

If you go for 251 gear, be sure to take the time (and expense) to put proper gems and enchants on them. Even for 232 gear, but ideally skip that and go straight for the 251.

Speaking of 251, have you checked out the 4 elemental bosses in the pre-cata event? They all drop 251 gear and some of it would make a very nice upgrade for you.

The only thing to bear in mind now is that a gear reset is coming real soon now. Once cata hits, quest rewards will most likely replace raiding epics. Maybe not immediately, but after a few levels for sure. I suppose it depends on what you want to do.

Lastly, don't forget other online resources when gearing up - for example be.imba.hu - great for letting you know what you can change and where to change it.

hth

edit: you might want to consider a name change as well - the one you're using makes you look about 12 years old :-)|||Quote:








you might want to consider a name change as well - the one you're using makes you look about 12 years old :-)




qft!!!

:)|||Quote:








edit: you might want to consider a name change as well - the one you're using makes you look about 12 years old :-)




Agreed. Especially given you are on an RP realm. It could even potentially be holding you back, as some people won't even try to help you since you're basically showing contempt for the type of server you are on (and violating Blizzard's naming policy as well, I might add.)|||Thanks for all the great tips I think maybe with raids being so accessable I wasn't aware that for the wotlk raids you really need the higher level gear to survive. Again Great to know.

Perhaps your notion about roleplaying servers is a very ideal one? I have been invited to many of the wotlk raids (and then promptly booted when I perform 1.8k dps). Names don't mean much on the server I play on, and the bottom line is I am think a name like mine has a bit more creativity then any variation of a fantasy name.

I will say that you folks are the immature ones if you can't get past a name. Are you that petty that you would go out of your way to ruin another players day because you aren't a fan of his or her name? Or that you perceive a name to be that of a 12 year old. Seems awfully judgmental to me.|||Quote:








I will say that you folks are the immature ones if you can't get past a name. Are you that petty that you would go out of your way to ruin another players day because you aren't a fan of his or her name? Or that you perceive a name to be that of a 12 year old. Seems awfully judgmental to me.




Sorry to say this but if I have a space left on a raid and 2 equally matched chars want the spot and one of them is named "Yosucka" then I'm going with the other. It gives the impression of a young, angry teenager.

I also ignore any mashed up Lord of the Rings names, any name with "lol", "noob", "playa", "pwn", "ninja" etc in it, anything vaguely offensive, anyone in PVP gear trying to raid, anyone who yells in a city, anyone who spams trade, anyone who challenges me to a duel without asking first, anyone who fires me a guild charter without asking and the one that annoys me the most..... anyone undergeared.

It may sound harsh but with all the 100's of players on my server looking to raid, these few rules generally weed out the problem people.

No comments:

Post a Comment