Thursday, April 12, 2012

Tips on Dreamwalker for a resto druid

[:1]So my druid is boomkin/tree at the moment. I mostly use my resto spec to heal the easier heroics and I use my dps gear for it. Using innervate on myself I can pretty much spam heals all the time.

Up until saturday my experience with ICC consisted entirely out of a single 25-man PUG where I was dps and which stranded at Deathbringer. Saturday however (with the weekly being Marrowgar and my GS finally getting to 5k) I made another go at it. I got in a ICC10 PUG that was looking for a ranged dps with healer offspec (sounded right up my alley). I was asked to dps on the first 4 bosses and heal on the last two.

We one-shotted Marrowgar and Deathwhisper, did lootship on heroic and walked all over Deathbringer (getting an extra achievement out of it). Once inside we had healing issues on the trash so I switched to tree and we proceeded to get Festergut in 3 attempts and Rotface on the first go. I'd like to thank the other guys for giving me the inhale-debuff. I couldn't handle healing AND looking for the marks at the same time...

So we had our 6 bosses. I had gotten several gear upgrades (bumping me to 5.2k GS) and it was 23h30 (11h30 PM). We weren't quite spent yet so it was either Putricide or Dreamwalker. Feeling I had gotten into my helaing groove again I voted for DW, curious since I heard it was a "Healers do the work" fight.

We didn't save her.

Apparently you have to go through a portal, "Swim" to some glowing orbs that give you a stacking healing buff and then make use of the rest of the time healing your butt off.

Main issue was that the buff dropped off several times (3 times on the worst attempt). I probably phail at navigating 3D space on a 2D screen. Nothing to do but practice ? I did get better at it later into the fight (once getting up to 22 stacks).

Another potential issue was rotation. I was using:

casting hots longest duration first

- Regrowth when dropping out of the portal

- Rejuv

- 3 x Lifebloom

- then spam Nourish which should be 3 time buffed

So my question(s):

- Any tips on navigating the orbs better? Apparently you have to pause at each orb a bit for it to register you and buff you. But I can't tell whether i am IN the orb or already past it. Telling whether I am in FRONT of it is easy unless there's a cluster of em...

Would going into First person mode help?

- What rotation gives better HPS ?|||i know that warlock can give you glyphed unending breath for +20% speed in there which could help you keep stacks up better. other than that i got nothing :P

ps grats on 5k|||Yeah, it's not the speed, it's the accuracy. Swimming faster will only make me swim through them quicker w/o them registering me being there.|||if it helps you there are videos of the encounter.



i watched it for the first 2-3 min, it seems she just goes to them and stay for a couple of seconds and they activate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEipp3dDR9I

incase the video direct link feature doesnt work

edit: on some of those she's not even directly on top of them and they work anyway so maybe it's just that you have to stay close and wait for a few seconds.|||Quote:








if it helps you there are videos of the encounter.



i watched it for the first 2-3 min, it seems she just goes to them and stay for a couple of seconds and they activate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEipp3dDR9I

incase the video direct link feature doesnt work

edit: on some of those she's not even directly on top of them and they work anyway so maybe it's just that you have to stay close and wait for a few seconds.




For the youtube tags put in only whatever's after the = so just LEipp3dDR9I in the tags and it will work.|||Some more researching.

This seems to indicate I had the rotation ok with these adjustments:

- drop out of portal

- Regrowth while looking for next portal

- LB

- Rejuv

- LB x 2

- Nourish

- Refresh Regrowth just before portal opens.

In regards to getting the clouds to pop:

- Going first person is being done by some

- You are considered "mounted" and "swimming", so i wonder if Glyphed Aquatic Form will provide a speed boost.

- Go straight up as soon as you portal.

- Pop one orb/cloud to refresh buff, then group up w the other healers to share the explosions. Perhaps a /follow is in order... ?|||Quote:








S

- You are considered "mounted" and "swimming", so i wonder if Glyphed Aquatic Form will provide a speed boost.




You're not in Fugly Seal form, so no. Note that Crusader Aura does work.

Also note that Druids are one of the worst possible choices to pick. Paladins and Shamans are far preferable.|||Quote:








You're not in Fugly Seal form, so no. Note that Crusader Aura does work.




That's just my question actually... As I'm supposedly considered swimming, can I shift to seal and gain the glyph bonus?

Note that it'll probably be a while 'till I can test this again.


Quote:








Also note that Druids are one of the worst possible choices to pick. Paladins and Shamans are far preferable.




Well excuse me for my main (and only L80) healing class being druid|||Not your fault, rather the Raid Leader's.

And no, since you're not in water, you can not go seal form.|||Nice man, good job.

No comments:

Post a Comment