Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Void Reaver - help

Hi guys,

we have been concentrating on SSC the last month or so but had a change and went to VR, we have done him a few times before and always got him down even on the first ever visit there.

Problem was last night all the warnings stopped, we had warnings about the pounding but the orbs wern't announced. We tried lots of ideas, keeping an eye on the sky etc but still had problems and in the end didn'tdown him.

Has anyone else had this problem as with no warnings it is a frustrating fight!

cheers|||The warning stopped in 2.4. They were supposed to come back in 2.4.2, but they didn't. I think I'm glad I had to learn the fight without the warnings. I meant I didn't have to adapt.

Learning to judge where the orbs will land just takes practice. I died to orbs every attempt the first night I ever did him. On our last visit I think I ate 3 or so orbs (and stayed alive.) We had several new people, so that was over several attempts.|||umm, I cant help you :P|||/maxfactorcameradistance 4

Makes it so you can scroll all the way out

you will be able to see the orbs way before they hit you. If your using this, and an orb hits you, you may just want to turn off your comp or go back to Kara, because it's impossible to not see them comming towards you. When we used to do TK I used this and almost ignored DBM because I personally felt it was just as easy if not easier.|||Quote:








/maxfactorcameradistance 4




Does this do something different than moving the slider all the way over in the interface setting for max camera distance?


Quote:








If your using this, and an orb hits you, you may just want to turn off your comp or go back to Kara, because it's impossible to not see them comming towards you. When we used to do TK I used this and almost ignored DBM because I personally felt it was just as easy if not easier.




I will never understand why people feel the need to tell people they suck if they can't perform flawlessly while learning to do something. It can be just plain awful to judge where an orb is going to land until you get some practice doing it. You have to make that judgment early, as the size of the blast radius means that if you wait too long to move, you get hit. It certainly gets easier to judge the more you do it, but needing to see it a bit first before you get it does not mean that you need to "turn off your computer."|||The interface settings is "max draw distance" how far you can see something from yourself.

altering max cam distance increases tha maximum you can zoom out|||thats for letting me know this, I wanted to know how to do this forever now I can do everything I allways wanted to|||We went in and killed him again after a long time of not bothering. The things we found handy in the fight were:

1. Keep your camera tilted up so you can see his head

2. When an orb heads your way, run back to the wall not side to side

3. Better for the ranged to error on the side of caution

The first one is fairly obvious.

The second we had a few people who needed some convincing on. The most common argument we got was that it killed their dps. Took a few attempts and pointing out to them that it doesn't hurt their dps as much as being dead for 75% of the fight. The people who were moving side to side were dropping orbs on each other all over the place. Also, when they moved to the side, they quit watching for new orbs and when several in a row were sent their way they missed the subsequent ones. Running behind a healer is especailly bad as they can't just watch the boss and will miss someone moving next to them who gets one sent at him.

The third was simply getting the ranged to understand that it really doesn't take that much raid dps to beat his timer and having less dps out of more people is better. Also, we leave our melee in for the whole thing and have a shaman healing them along with a priest healing the shaman from range. The ranged dps isn't going to beat the melee in that fight the way we do it. Better to have all our ranged up the last half of the fight and doing less dps overall than lying dead. The orbs still come as often and if half your ranged is dead, then the other half is having to move more and heal/dps less. Job one for the ranged: Stay alive.

While you're having problems equipping a little arcane resist helps. The kara trinket, a cape from (iirc) lower city rep, and some gloves or bracers (soulcloth or arcanoweave) can help alot. If you reisist the orb, you also resist the silence.

Finally, we let our ranged know that they'd need to fend for themselves, Pots, bandages, health stones better be used. Some of our newer raiders will stay on half health or less and sit there waiting for a heal. Had to retrain their thinking. :)|||Quote:








The interface settings is "max draw distance" how far you can see something from yourself.

altering max cam distance increases tha maximum you can zoom out




Ugh. With spell detail up all the way, I'm already regularly running at 15 frames under good circumstances. This would probably bring me to a standstill. I really need to upgrade my graphics card.

However, I generally don't have trouble seeing orbs. I usually get caught by a tail end of one when either I decide to finish the heal I started (I know, bad me, but this hasn't happened for a long time) or when someone runs behind me and gets orbed. In that case, I have further to run back to avoid the damage since the orb is a bit behind me. I can't run forward or I risk dropping an orb that catches the melee. I'll run to the side if I realize that's the case, but most of the time I don't realize the orb is a bit behind me and I think it's headed at me and run back like normal.|||we ran VR last night for the first time and wiped a bunch of times. it really takes some discipline from your raid. you need to scroll all the way out and learn to judge where the orbs fall. after two trys i was able to see where orbs would land.

one HUGE advantage is going on the wowwiki for the VR fight. in the notes section at the bottom there is a line you can type that moves your camera distance back way farther than you can just using the UI. Its extremely useful for seeing the orbs really really early. its so far back it almost looks like WC3. i keep it on all the time now so i can see entire battlefields in arenas.

No comments:

Post a Comment