Thursday, April 12, 2012

Boring random heroics

[:1]I noticed this in the last two weeks during running herocs with the lfg tool. Noone is chatting. Nothing. They say "hi" at the start and "gg, bb" at the end. I had maybe one out of the dozends of runs where someone actualy spoke to me.

When i run with the mage, it is of course terribly easy. Channel blizzard, tipe for 10 sec, channel another blizzard. But i even noticed this with my tank warrior, who was even while tanking the most chactive member of the group. What's up with this ?

I think people dont realise that time passes faster when you are somewhat entertained. Of course running a quick and efficient instance is also high on my priorities list, but i would love some entertainement on the way. And no, i dont count spamming aoe's that entertaining. And that is after all what 5mans have come down to :(|||I've noticed the same in regular instances with my Rogue.|||Aye, such seems to have become the normal course of events for random pugs. Can't say I much care for it either. I have seen a few folks who will speak up and attempt a bit of conversation, but mostly, no. Of course, I don't do much in the way of PUGs, going on mostly all or near all guild 5 man runs. There we have vent going on, so it helps with the entertainment factor. As a healer, the speed of pulls keeps me from having much chance to type anyway, and I suppose that the speed factor would also affect others with regards to typing in party chat.|||On one such BRD run, our tank decided to go bye bye and left. The doors were open and we advanced towards the large bridge before you get to the hallway with the fire elementals and eventually Incendius.

The run was pretty much over at that point or so we thought. So we qued for a new tank and i decide to stealth and do a bit of exploring.

I poijted out that I was sneaking up on Incenduis's backside and someone says "what's Incenduis???"|||What's the point in talking?

1. You'll find that your party is now confirmed imbeciles instead of suspected imbeciles

or

2. They're great, you love them, and you'll never run into them again because they're not on your server.|||Last time I used the que, we had 3 from my server.|||I don't queue up to have a social encounter, but surely a simple 'Hi' isn't beyond anyone. I'm so weary of players who seem to think that the likelihood of never meeting any of us again gives them the right to behave badly.

I naively thought when this lfg thing started it might be a friendly sort of meet-up. I can see now why more and more on my realm I see people in Trade trying to assemble groups.|||Quote:








I don't queue up to have a social encounter, but surely a simple 'Hi' isn't beyond anyone. I'm so weary of players who seem to think that the likelihood of never meeting any of us again gives them the right to behave badly.

I naively thought when this lfg thing started it might be a friendly sort of meet-up. I can see now why more and more on my realm I see people in Trade trying to assemble groups.




Remaining silent is not behaving badly. Behaving badly is usually just the opposite. I don't normally say anything at all in groups I don't know, for myraid reasons. How does this make me rude?|||I think the term you're looking for is unsociable, not rude. If I go out to dinner with some friends and don't say a word throughout the evening, I'm not exactly being rude, just unsociable.|||Quote:








I think the term you're looking for is unsociable, not rude. If I go out to dinner with some friends and don't say a word throughout the evening, I'm not exactly being rude, just unsociable.




Well, I made the statement because Frog equated saying nothing with behaving badly. If I'm healing my butt off, not rolling on things that I shouldn't be rolling on, playing competently...and remaining utterly silent while I do so...then I'm not behaving badly. I'm behaving perfectly.

And there's a bit of difference between going out to dinner with friends (a social exercise with a group you enjoy) and pugging a random heroic. One, the true expectation is that you socialize. And, if I'm with a group of friends, running an instance, I'm very social. Running random pug is more like eating in a cafeteria with a bunch of strangers. You're next to them. You're engaged in the same activity...eating... but there's no need to talk.

I join a pug with the assumption that I'm not going to like the players in it. That I am only there to competently do my job...get what I want out of it, and go away. Worse than the people I don't like are the ones who decide that they really like me. When a pug is over, please, it's over. I did what I agreed when I joined it, it's done, don't think it's the start to a great grouping future. Don't add me to your friends list. Don't whisper me out of the blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment