Thursday, April 12, 2012

LFD Tool

[:1]Hi all,

Just a couple of quick questions about the new (to me!) LFD tool.

From what I've seen there are three checkboxes (DPS, Healer, Tank), and a fourth option if you want to be leader.

1) What does the leader do? Is it just so that there is at least one person who knows the instance, or do they get any other 'powers'?

2) Can you select both Tank and Healer at the same time, or is it a radio button? If you can select both at once, I assume the game is clever enough to know that you can't actually perform both roles at once, and will assign the group another tank or healer?

3) Thought of one more: Is there any restrictions on what can be a tank /healer? Is the game smart enough to know? For example, if for some reason I decided to set my Mage's role to tank, or my Warlock as Healer, would anything stop me?|||1.) leader doesnt really do anything special anymore. Used to be the only one to mark and kick folks but thats all been changed.

2.) Yes you can click both. When you go to enter the dungeon it will tell you the role you have been selected for.

3.) If you are say, a mage or a warlock only the DPS button will be clickable. Priests for example only DPS & Healer buttons can be checked and warriors only Tank and DPS.

Pallys and druids all 3 are clickable.|||Thanks :-)|||Quote:








1) What does the leader do? Is it just so that there is at least one person who knows the instance, or do they get any other 'powers'?




They are designated as the Dungeon Guide so their words show up as a different text color/type in party chat. That's about it. They can be kicked from the group like any other member and can initiate only 1 kick, just like any other member. They don't control loot. If you know all the WotLK dungeons, feel free to check this. Most people do it anyway, even if they don't know them.


Quote:




2) Can you select both Tank and Healer at the same time, or is it a radio button? If you can select both at once, I assume the game is clever enough to know that you can't actually perform both roles at once, and will assign the group another tank or healer?




Its a check box. If your class can perform the role, the check box will be ungrayed. Druids and Paladins will be able to check both tank and healer. This has nothing to do with your current spec. If you are a Paladin speced PvE Retribution and PvP Retribution as your two specs, you can still check tank and healer. Just don't expect the group you get to go anywhere until you actually spec and gear into those roles. :P

It will pick only one of the roles for you. At level 80, if you select tank, you are most likely to be the tank. If you select healer too, you can sometimes be selected as healer instead of tank. If you select tank, dps and healer, you'll probably never ever be chosen as dps. Just pick dps if you actually want to dps. And just select healer if you just want to heal.


Quote:




3) Thought of one more: Is there any restrictions on what can be a tank /healer? Is the game smart enough to know? For example, if for some reason I decided to set my Mage's role to tank, or my Warlock as Healer, would anything stop me?




Answered above, but yes, its smart enough to know, and it won't let you check those boxes.|||Thanks again,

I was actually looking to do low level dungeons, not level 80 ones, and selecting both tank and healer will allow my little Druid the maximum chance of getting into groups, as well as experience in the roles.|||Just remember it's your own responsibility to be up to the task. It's not that big of an issue for leveling until L50-ish, but selecting healing while you have 0 +int and a feral spec won't make you a decent healer.

When I was leveling as feral I always had two sets of gear. A feral and a caster one. The feral was for cat and bear. The caster set was when I was the healer. It was sufficient until L70 (back in TBC). Then when WotLK came around I went Boomkin and my tanking and cat dps was lost. My healing became easier though, I can now heal AND dps heroics with the same set of gear in my balance spec.

Then I went dual spec and revisited my feral side. Aloing with that came a new round of gearing up.|||I've lost count of the number of times I've vote-kicked the "dungeon guide" it seems like every lazy incompetent boob clicks it|||Quote:








I've lost count of the number of times I've vote-kicked the "dungeon guide" it seems like every lazy incompetent boob clicks it




Or no one clicks it. I seem to end up with the "Dungeon Guide" roll fairly often without having checked that box.|||I leave it checked on all my chars and i ALWAYS get it, looks like noone else does check it in my battlegroup ^^ Not that it means anything, but hey... And Ash : by the time we can kickvote someone, we are usualy done with the instance.|||Quote:








I leave it checked on all my chars and i ALWAYS get it, looks like noone else does check it in my battlegroup ^^ Not that it means anything, but hey... And Ash : by the time we can kickvote someone, we are usualy done with the instance.




either you're done with the instance, or they've had plenty time to earn getting kicked

ofc plenty of times somebody afks in the first 30sec of the run and its infuriating to have no kicking early on

No comments:

Post a Comment