Monday, April 16, 2012

Frozen Orbs

At the end of a heroic instance, you down the final boss and one of the items he has is a frozen orb. I'm not really sure all that it is used for, but I know that it can make me a lot of money on the ah. I know it can also be used to buy certain things. My question, do people really "need" this item? It's not an upgrade and it's not bop.|||Here is a list of items you can create with them :

http://wowdigger.com/i/43102#i3

Logic would dictate that you only "need" it if you are gathering materials to create one of these items for your own use. Otherwise it would be greed.

But on my server, it has become the convention to just hit need. I dont understand it, but I am certainly not the only one greeding it after everyone else needed ^^|||Yeah, I've seen that you can make stuff with it. That still does not make it a need when you can buy it. I guess maybe I have a different view of what need is. If an item drops, and it is an upgrade to what you are currently wearing, you need it because you need to better your character. You don't need things to help you improve your bank account or your other professions.

I guess I need to just start pressing need on this item. It really makes me mad when someone needs this and then runs away. Stupid ninjas.|||Everyone I've run with (usually guild but the occasional pug) has always greeded. The orbs on guild runs usually just end up in the guild bank anyway.|||In the guild I am in BOE items are greed. BOP are pass unless you plan on equipping the item, then you can need. If no one can use the item then the enchanter needs it and the results of DEing it are /roll ed for after the instance.

Even if this is the last mat you 'need' to make your new ebonweave robe you would still select greed on the orb as you can always buy it from who ever wins it or the AH.

Z.|||BoE items = greed

BoP items that are an upgrade = need

Enchanter greeds for DE (meaning the DEer can hit greed and move on and people who need it as an upgrade can hit Need).

/roll for shards at the end.

Orbs SHOULD be greed. But if the server climate is to hit Need I'm with 2F.... i'm not a fool.|||The norm on our server is if its an upgrade item then Need regardless of BoE or Bop, this is in pugs and guild 5 mans.

Orbs etc are trade mats and everyone just greeds, anyone needing an orb on our server would be shot down as a ninja. We all Need Orbs to make gear etc no one needs it more than anyone else.|||Ok, good, I'm not the only one who thinks it should be a greed item. I've just decided that if I don't know the people, I will wait until everyone has selected greed before I select. And if it comes down to the last few seconds, then I'll press need and say we can roll on it manually.|||Quote:








Ok, good, I'm not the only one who thinks it should be a greed item. I've just decided that if I don't know the people, I will wait until everyone has selected greed before I select. And if it comes down to the last few seconds, then I'll press need and say we can roll on it manually.




Or just ask in the group when loot pops up 'Are we greeding the orb?"|||Quote:








Or just ask in the group when loot pops up 'Are we greeding the orb?"




This would be fine except ninjas will say yes, need it, and then run off. Since it's not bop, I can still have everyone roll and give it to the highest roller. I guess could also say at the beginning that everyone needs to click need and not greed.

No comments:

Post a Comment