Monday, April 16, 2012

Gorefiend makes me want to /wrists!

Any brilliant ideas on how to handle the shadowy constructs? I've never been the fastest person on reaction times... I'm not a twitcher. I've tried the tutorial game...it helps...but omg. If today was any idea, I may just ask to sit this one out, much as I hate the idea.|||Keybinds help tremendously with this one.

Personally I use Mouse4 (spirit lance) , Mouse5 (spirit volley) & Middle Mouse (Shackle)

A few seconds before the Debuff tics out , Spamming Mouse5 until the Aoe goes off then press the middle button , now you have a bunch of damaged & rooted constructs , walk backwards towards Gorefiend pressing [tab] lance [tab] lance [tab] lance , until volley cd is over , volley , shackle.|||go here http://www.ferox-horde.de/feroxtgs2/ it helps.|||Quote:








Keybinds help tremendously with this one.

Personally I use Mouse4 (spirit lance) , Mouse5 (spirit volley) & Middle Mouse (Shackle)

A few seconds before the Debuff tics out , Spamming Mouse5 until the Aoe goes off then press the middle button , now you have a bunch of damaged & rooted constructs , walk backwards towards Gorefiend pressing [tab] lance [tab] lance [tab] lance , until volley cd is over , volley , shackle.




This is how I do it but rather than using the mouse I use the keyboard. 3 for Spirit Lance, 4 for the Shackle and 5 for the AoE. Despite appearing in the pet bar you don't need to hold down control+number to use the skills.

Is the person who got the debuff before you helping you with your constructs? It gives a lot more leeway for folk who have trouble with the fight.|||samii: tell us what problems you have with the constructs, might be able to finetune from there.

lothaer: he already mentioned he had played that.

I'm similar to razia, I move to a corner to die in, make sure I'm facing the corner (away from the raid) and immediately move backwards when I die, hit 5 to aoe, 4 to nova them, then lance them one at a time, while slowly starting to move backwards to keep up with their movement, and repeat aoe+nova when both cds are ready.

Then when all are dead, I throw a shield on some healer, and help others with their constructs if any are up.. otherwise I go hump Teron :p

Amusingly, apart from once, I've always been highest on spirit dps on this fight, even beating the mages who should have mastered nova-lance nuking already :)|||Quote:








go here http://www.ferox-horde.de/feroxtgs2/ it helps.




This is the tutorial game I mentioned in the op. And yes, it does help a lot. Yes, I ran to the corner, and had trouble keeping up with the blighters. I'm not very fast on my reactions, and I know someone mentioned that there was a macro specific for this fight to target and cast at them. I also want to hear any alternative bindings such as the mouse bindings posted by Ammon so that I can take a long hard look at those. I ran forwards, perhaps the backing up idea is a better one. My raid leader told me to start off with the 4 key, and that didn't seem to work so well at all, even though I was spamming it before the constructs even appeared... I'll try starting off with 5.|||Just make sure you don't do your aoe when they are all shackled before you lance/slow them because it breaks it. I never knew that and mine were everywhere the 1st time I did him =(

It's easy though, just make sure to shackle, and tab lance to slow them.|||5 / 4 / 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 with lots of tabbing.

Repeat

Stay between boss and constructs.

Throw up their health bars (standard 'V').

Get the person who got them before you to assist.

Keep playing the mini game. Yes, it sucks. Yes, it's harder than the in-game thing. Yes, I keep right-clicking the damn thing to get a Menu right on top over where the constructs are supposed to be. Keep playing till you get it right.|||I shackled first, lanced each one twice, then AOE'ed and reshackled after. I dont do it often though. I've only gone to gorefiend as DPS a couple times.

When I did AOE first, sometimes a construct or two wouldnt get hit by the shackle. They'd be on the move already. Both work; as long as the AOE is in there somewhere to reduce them all.

Dont go too deep into the corner. It can bunch up the constructs, or get you stuck in a wall (this has happened to people) or screw up your camera.

Stay calm. Panic makes mess.

Go to the corner. Wait for death.

Remember this can happen early. Be ready to shackle.

Stay calm.

Shackle.

Back up.

Click, 3. Click, 3. Click, 3. Click, 3.

Turn camera as appropriate.

Click, 3. Click, 3. Click, 3. Click, 3.

Follow.

AOE

Shackle.

Rinse and repeat.

Go help the next person.

I click my constructs, and press keys for abilities. This is preference. Some people tab. When I tab, it sometimes targets the boss or the wrong construct.

Most classes have their 'bar 1' replaced like me. Other classes who have pet bars, or addons like bongo's its different. Make some keybinds / well placed macros instead. This can help.

If you still have one alive and made it to the raid, dont panic. Keep working it. Get it down.

Whatever you do, dont be that player I despise then eventually bench from my raids.

Pay attention. Dont die in the middle of the raid marked, popping 4 constructs and getting everyone killed. Get the shackle off. Dont watch four constructs bolt for the raid or AOE your own shackle. These are moments where I cant understand how people can be so terrible at something and I feel im dragging people through T6 content.

Especially when the person who missed the shackle slowly slowly keyboard turns 180� or stands there for an additional 5 seconds watching everything go to hell and not doing anything about it. Dont do this. Please.

All you need is one good person picked first. That person then helps the next person. Who finishes early and helps the next person, and so forth. They dont all have to be super at it. Just can't be stupid about it like the examples above. No one can help you if you didnt at least shackle. =)|||I've found the perfect solution to my failings at constructs is to tank him

he even dropped a pretty new gun for me



thats my suggestion

No comments:

Post a Comment