Monday, April 16, 2012

Suggested Tanking Health of most instances up to Outland.

I realized that I've never seen a REAL post about this anywhere. I mean, sure, it's essentially useless and probably no one will really read it or care about it, but I felt that they deserve it.

Of course in this I won't include any instance pre-level 20, because it doesn't really matter a tank's a tank at that point, even if they're DPS specced and don't have a shield =P.

I'm just going to ASSUME it's a Warrior or Paladin, I'm not going to really care about spec, just health as the title says. If people want to make adjustments, go for it, I'm basing this mainly off of memory. I'm also just throwing in a couple hints for the new guys in some areas. I'm also probably at a really low number for a lot of these, but I don't want them to be unreachable, so I'm making them low-average of what people can get from previous dungeons and just quest rewards with a COUPLE pieces of dungeon gear.



Shadowfang Keep: 19-26. I'd suggest at least being level 23 when you tank this place. I'd suggest at least 1K health buffed.

Blackfathom Depths: 21-28. I'd suggest at least being level 25 when you tank this place. I'd suggest just around 1,250 health buffed.

The Stockades (Alliance Only): 25-33. I'd suggest being at least level 27 when you tank this place. I'd suggest 1.4K health buffed.

Razorfen Kraul: 26-31. Same as Stockades, except maybe 28ish you should tank.

Gnomeregan: 25-34. This place is very tough, so I'd suggest being at least level 30, possibly even 31 when you tank this place. 1.7K health buffed is essentially the minimum.



Now for the fun part... Scarlet Monastery Section: I WILL be skipping RFD, but I'll get back to it. Also, do NOT forget to get quests for SM, great items. Also one of the greatest places to gear up until around level 50.

Graveyard: 31-34 about. Level 32 or so could tank this place, this place is fairly easy. Pretty much in and out. 1.8K health buffed works.

Library: 34-37 about. A level 35 is the minimum to tanking this place, again, fairly easy, just gotta watch the aggro of nearby mobs. 2.2K health buffed.

Armory: 36-40 about. Level 38ish would be suggested to tank it. Again, lots of mobs, lots of runners. 2.4K health buffed.

Cathedral: I've run this place at least 100 times, and it's easily one of my top 5 favorite instances. 37-42 I'd say, but the suggestion is pretty much 36-41. You can tank this instance at 39 if you're good, but I might suggest 40. 2.6K health buffed.



Back to normal: Razorfen Downs: 35-42 is suggested. This is a great place to gear up for anyone. I suggest level 38, maybe 39 to tank this entire place. 2.5K health buffed.

Uldaman: In my opinion, one AWFUL instance. It has great gear though, without a doubt. It's pretty much a level 40-50 instance, and I'd suggest being at least level 46 to tank it. Minimum of 3K health buffed.

Zul'Farrak: Another great instance that's well designed. 44-48ish. I'd suggest being level 46 or so to tank it, with at least 3.2K health buffed.



Maraudon: Sections:

Orange and Purple are about level 44-48, and I'd suggest being level 46 to tank it, around 3.3K health buffed.

Princess (The part AFTER the Orange, or Purple section, since they're linked) runs are used by "The Staff of Cerebras" I believe is what it's called, and this part of the instance is about 46-50. I'd suggest being at least level 48, but probably 49-50 to tank Princess. 3.5K health buffed is the MINIMUM in here, she hits hard and her knockback spell hurts.



Temple of Atal'Hakkar (Sunken Temple): 50-56ish. I'd suggest being at least level 54 to tank this place, it's hard to do at even 60 in some cases. 3.8K health buffed.

Blackrock Depths: AWESOME instance, easily one of the best instances even though it's so long, but it gives so much good loot. It's a 53-60 instance. I'd suggest being about level 55 for a mini-run, and level 58 for a full run. 4K to 4.2K health buffed.



ALL Diremaul Wings: 57-60+. Not the greatest instances, but definately good for a fast run if you have a good group. I suggest 58 for any of the instances. 4.4K health buffed.



Lower Blackrock Spire+Upper Blackrock Spire+Stratholme+Scholomance: You should essentially be in Outland by now, but, if you wanna do these instances... Go for it... 58-62+. I suggest being level 60 for doing any of them. 5K health buffed is the very minimum, possibly even around 5.5K since you'll be in Outland gear.|||I can't answer for the lower ones, but DM west/north was intended for people at 60 back in the day and offered some great items. Even better than some MC gear, mostly due to itemization. East should be doable around 57 I guess, but you'll want some TBC greens to tank west and north if you do them below 60 as bosses will be 60-61 (King Gordok is 62 even).

The part before and including the arena in BRD can be done as low as 50, but past that bosses will be 55 and trash pulls becomes a lot more complicated. 58 is a bit on the high end imo, but a lot of it comes down to gear.|||Well, 55 is the suggested level for what I said because the mini-run is actually most of the instance, including Bar and Incendius etc. Whereas the level 58 I suggested is for MAINLY the final bosses (Princess from Ironforge and that King Thaurissan or whatever.) cause they're level 59/60.

No comments:

Post a Comment