Monday, April 16, 2012

Heroic HoL

Alright, so I ran this for the first time as a healer and we wiped four times. Myself and the dps couldn't consistently get out of the nova.

The strat that was told to me was:

Stand AT Lokar's feet. At nova run down the stairs. Then at his feet. Then back up the stairs. Repeat (Got yelled at when I was trying to stand a little further away, to try to get a head start on escaping the nova.)

Should you be able to make it out of the AoE from directly on top of him? I am just slow? Should I grab a minor speed enchant for my boots?|||I've not done it yet, but when people say they can't get out of range I usually ask a couple of things:

1) are you turning in and running or backing up? The latter isn't as fast.

2) do you have cast bars up and are you running as soon as the cast starts?

Most AoE effects like that are timed so that if you see the cast start and turn and run right away you'll just make it out. On some (Prince in Kara, Murmur in SL) I think the cast is so tightly timed that a half second makes a difference which is poor design to me.

I've also talked to friend who've just healed through it, usually druids and disc priests. This means less dependence on execution by everyone but requires a healer capable of doing that.|||Thanks clevins. Yeah, I strafe-run out. Hmm. Thanks though.

Pulsing Shockwave: Shocks all enemies every 2 sec., dealing damage based on distance from Loken. Damage is increased the greater the distance away from Loken. Infinite range.

Does anyone have any more info about this ability? How much does the damage increase the further away you are. I'm thinking next time of just casting renew on myself and sit a little further away to reduce the chance of getting killed on the nova.

Does it change per yard, or is it "inside 10 yards" then "inside 20 yards" kind of thing.|||I'm not sure how the range works on the aura, but running out shouldn't be too hard. It's a lot easier than Murmur and obviously easier than Prince as well. It's a lot to heal so I'm guessing you just missed out on him starting to cast it. That being said, it's not really that hard, so just put on your pants of focus and try again ^^

He has another ability he throws out on one partymember that does aoe damage to anyone in range for 2 seconds. You have to chose if you want to spread or run together and just deal with a bit more damage from it. The easiest way is to just stay bunched on the running as he'll come back to the tank once he's done casting. Taking less damage from the aura and avoiding line of sight/range issues on healing should make it worthwhile.|||Quote:








I'm not sure how the range works on the aura, but running out shouldn't be too hard. It's a lot easier than Murmur and obviously easier than Prince as well. It's a lot to heal so I'm guessing you just missed out on him starting to cast it. That being said, it's not really that hard, so just put on your pants of focus and try again ^^

He has another ability he throws out on one partymember that does aoe damage to anyone in range for 2 seconds. You have to chose if you want to spread or run together and just deal with a bit more damage from it. The easiest way is to just stay bunched on the running as he'll come back to the tank once he's done casting. Taking less damage from the aura and avoiding line of sight/range issues on healing should make it worthwhile.




I know the from the end of the line that Loken starts on, I got hit real close to 7k damage as my group accidently aggro'd him before I got there. Had to sprint in before I died. Just a little info about how hard it can tick.

Once you know the fight, it really shouldn't be too much trouble to get out of the nova. I have an 80 Tank (Druid), Healer (Priest) and DPS (Rogue) and have never had any trouble getting out of the nova. Just practice it, and cast bars help heaps. That's all I can really say to help|||When I first went here with a few guild and pug groups I tried to get them to all run down the white line and then back up it. People failed badly at following this simple instruction so now I just get everyone to run in a random direction and back to the boss.

The range on the AOE is tiny compared to murmur and you really need to be asleep to not get out in time. If you watch the animation the range can't be more than 15-20 yds. If you are with an under geared group and have a hunter with you make him stand on top of everyone else and melee as the damage they take can strain the healer.|||stand on the edge of his hitbox. it is big. very big. at least 50% of the way you have to run.

when he casts nova, all run to the same spot. Then wait ! He will come running to the group after that, and then you continue as before. This gives the healer more time to cast.

do it down the white line. once you come to the button, he should be dead, but if he is not, you just do the same thing upwards again.|||I haven't done this on heroic yet, but if the group doesn't run with me and I'm healing, they don't get healed and that debuff can tick for a lot. I'm sure in heroic even more so. When he starts casting though, you don't have to run too far to get out of his range.

Of course now I like doing it because my sp is high enough that we don't have to run away anymore. I just heal right through it. I just keep my hots rolling.|||range is larger on heroic than on normal, i heared. would make sence to me, but i dont have any sources to actualy back up that claim.|||ps: aspect of the wild (and nr totem I presume) don't reduce the damage from the aura... I found out the hard way ;p

No comments:

Post a Comment