Monday, April 16, 2012

Is there a list of instances soloable by level?

I've got a Troll Hunter at level 42 now. I just picked up Enchanting, because skinning was a waste of my time.

So I figured the best way to level it up a bit is to jump into an instance, since magical items (whatever they're called) drops are much higher. I'm curious if anyone knows of website that maybe lists off instances and when they should be soloable by level. I figure I'll start off in RFC in Org. for now - since it's the lowest level one I know - but the higher the instance, the more magical items seem to drop...|||Generally once you're 3-4 levels higher than the max recommended level for the instance, you can attempt to solo it. Depending on your skill and equipment, you might have some troubles with certain areas.

At level 42, I'd say you could solo:

Ragefire Chasm

Deadmines

Wailing Caverns

Shadowfang Keep

Blackfathom Deeps

Gnomeregan (if you're good at crowd control, there are some annoying pulls towards the end)

Razorfen Kraul (possibly)|||At 42 on my hunter before many of the changes were made to classes in general, I could solo SFK without too much trouble. I had a rough spot at the bat room, and the hound master room just before Arugal was a little tricky for some reason, but I had a blast.

I tried BFD, but got frustrated with all the nature damage and irritating murlocs. Also, since I had never run it before, it wasn't something I was comfortable with.

I don't think Gnomeregan would be very easy, or RFK at level 40 - you'd have to really be on your game, and it would take much longer than it would be worth. If you could take a friend along, it might be worth it...|||Depends on instance and class, but any instance 20 levels below your level should be soloable with ease and 15 with difficulty. Some classes could manage 10 below.|||Quote:




Generally once you're 3-4 levels higher than the max recommended level for the instance, you can attempt to solo it. Depending on your skill and equipment, you might have some troubles with certain areas.




Doubtful, I don't know any level 38's that can solo SM Lib, or 53's that can solo ZF...|||Quote:








Doubtful, I don't know any level 38's that can solo SM Lib, or 53's that can solo ZF...




Well considering the max level on SM is 45 and ZF is 54, I can't say I'm surprised.|||Quote:








Well considering the max level on SM is 45 and ZF is 54, I can't say I'm surprised.




sm library....not cath|||It all depends on your class, spec, and gear. My alt 70 BM Hunter in mostly blues has soloed everything up to and including Lower Blackrock Spire, Scholomance, and most of Stratholme, although that instance has a few hard mobs. The good thing about a hunter is that if you bite off more than you can chew, you just kill what you can, then feign death and start over again.|||Quote:








...and it would take much longer than it would be worth. If you could take a friend along, it might be worth it...




Gnomeregan is never worth it

I've seen 60's have trouble in this one (those Dark Iron Dwarves or whatever they are called) are a pain. I wish they'd get rid of this instance...

And the drops are not as good as most other instances. You're better off going for SM.|||Quote:








Gnomeregan is never worth it

I've seen 60's have trouble in this one (those Dark Iron Dwarves or whatever they are called) are a pain. I wish they'd get rid of this instance...

And the drops are not as good as most other instances. You're better off going for SM.




gnomer will be more worth it eventually...after this next patch. they are also evening out the levels required for it...

as far as soloable instances...at 56 i ran ZF solo, 35 ran deadmines, 35 ran sfk, and i could solo WC at 25.

hunters really do have lots of advantages to solo instances like FD and pets...anything you can solo pull is possible, and any bosses with a pot or two you shouldnt have much trouble with.

No comments:

Post a Comment