Thursday, April 12, 2012

LFG sucks

[:1]Hi all,

You know I think looking for groups sucks. Sorry just venting. You know sometimes it takes forever to get a group. At least the old way you could keep looking to see who was in the que and try to get a group together. Also, you cant que into a bg while u wait. That really sucks, at least I can do something while I wait 20 minutes. Also with the old way, at least if u were in a bg, you get grabed for a group, you mostly likely would finish you bg cause the group was not at the instance yet.

Well what do you all think?

My relm is forgotten coast. Maybe it just sucks.|||I wouldn't pug before cross realm lfg enabled. Now, there would be absolutely no way I would even consider it.|||I'm pretty sure Forgotten Coast is in my battlegroup, and the most I've ever had to wait for a group at 80 on my dps characters is 15 minutes. You can still quest while queued up, and I'll sometimes get a couple of dailies in.

Oh, an for the record, as someone who always got really really annoyed when someone decided to waste my time by making me stand at a summoning stone spamming summons at them for 5-10 minutes while they "quickly finished up a BG" I'm not shedding any tears over the fact you can't queue for a BG while in LFG.

I would say that the only minor annoyance is that you can't join a group while in queue. It means that I can't get Threat From Above done or join a group to craft something for someone while I'm in LFG. Neither of these things are huge deals though, and the advantages of the LFG system are worth it.|||The amount of people leaving the BG you are fighting in "because the instance is up", or reverse, would be simply unbearable. It's a good decision to not allow both to be queued.|||I don't know if it's a difference between EU and US realms but I've had one bad group through the LFG tool against 30-40 good groups. The groups are ready, equipped, know the roles, obey kill orders and seem either polite or quietly efficient.

I honestly hated PUG groups before (I've maybe pugged 20 times in 3 odd years) and found the LFG tool a revelation. I did 8 on my first day using it and was really awed by how well it was working.

Maybe our battlegroup is an exception.....|||Honestly, I've only had about 2 bad groups out of 30+, I don't see the big problem... Maybe you had a problem, but I so far am by far above my old record of 1/4 of PUG's failing|||I have to say that I only had a few bad groups in the sense of skill, but good lord I've met some intolerable bastards since the new system was introduced. Maybe it's my battlegroup, but to me it seems like behaviour really has hit an all-time low. In fact, I'm already glad if I get a single "hi" when we start the instance. A while ago even, I said "hi" and someone replied "less talking plz lets just kill", to which another one agreed saying "yes if you want a chatbox go somewhere else". And that is not an exception in my experiences...|||Snow, you should write a book, I can only laugh at the stupidity of the people you encounter in LFG.

The LFG tool is one of the best things Blizz EVER did imo.

I get my guildies together, press a button and instantly I'm in an instance, stomping mobs faces in.

I did get the perky pug achievement pet, so I've done my share of pugging and in all honesty I must say I'm lucky my main is a geared tank. In 5 mans you can make up for so much stupidity as a tank.

I'm not even trying to get it on my priest or hunter tho.|||I have problems with the loot system

for example, because blizzard cannot itemize properly, often times a cloth caster item will be desireable to a druid as a major upgrade and yet you're stuck greeding against a bunch of DE rolls, so the item is destroyed and you didn't even get a chance to ask somebody to trade it to you

I've purposefully not leveled my enchanting high enough on my shaman to make sure I don't end up DEing any leather/cloth upgrades|||Quote:








I have problems with the loot system

for example, because blizzard cannot itemize properly, often times a cloth caster item will be desireable to a druid as a major upgrade and yet you're stuck greeding against a bunch of DE rolls, so the item is destroyed and you didn't even get a chance to ask somebody to trade it to you

I've purposefully not leveled my enchanting high enough on my shaman to make sure I don't end up DEing any leather/cloth upgrades




The two characters I play most of the time are clothies, and I agree with you. I realize that they implemented it so you couldn't have some jackass paladin need roll everything in the dungeon, but it's still frustrating. I'm hoping that they are continuing to look at ways to make the loot system more friendly. Forcing people to need roll on offspec pieces or see them potientially DEd isn't exactly creating peace and harmony in runs either.

No comments:

Post a Comment