Thursday, April 12, 2012

Orbs in VOA?

[:1]Quick question, I have a mage, and when the orbs come out on the frost boss, my dps goes down a little bit cause I am running from them alot. Well first, will they kill me if I do not run and just cast? Lol I think someone told me I had to move from them. Any tips on how I should go about dps'ing them?

Thanks.|||Quote:








Quick question, I have a mage, and when the orbs come out on the frost boss, my dps goes down a little bit cause I am running from them alot. Well first, will they kill me if I do not run and just cast? Lol I think someone told me I had to move from them. Any tips on how I should go about dps'ing them?

Thanks.




It depends on your healers. The damage they do is healable (assuming they die quickly) but you can never be sure with the quality of pug healers. You also need to make sure that your health is high enough to survive when Whiteout hits.

They seem to follow aggro, so if you nuke one, it's probably coming for you. It's probably better to try and kill it than to run from it for the entire fight. I'd recommend moving away from where you see they are going to spawn and then just nuke them down without moving. Be smart though, if you have a couple on you and whiteout is coming up, it can kill you. If you see yourself getting around half health, move.|||the usual reason for pugs failing at this is because ranged dps are more interested in their position on the dps meter than anything else. When the orbs spawn, all ranged dps should nuke them down. It doesn't take long and then you have time for the boss again. If any get too close, move out of the way.

Very simple, except for those dps meter whores :-)

ps - I'm not implying that the OP is one !|||If only you could root / Typhoon 'em back

No comments:

Post a Comment