Thursday, April 12, 2012

Soloing Instances

[:1]At what level do Instances become soloable? And also which Instances?

I'm a lvl 53 undead warlock and have avoided all the quests that have lead me into Instances (except the RFC lol)... I also did try the Scarlet Monastery once around lvl 40 but died when my VW pulled everything.

But I'm currently trying to gain Exalted rep in various places (mainly Darkspear Trolls) and I'm running out of rep giving quests in areas I can do.

I'm already Exalted with Undercity, Orgrimmar and Tranquillien so don't need those.

Just broad answers will do such as everything below level 40 etc...

TY|||At your level, you could probably solo RFC, Deadmines, Wailing Caverns, SFK, Blackfathom Deeps and Razorfen Kraul, at the very least.

However, a few things to point out:

1. If you haven't, go back and do all the newbie quests for the areas where you aren't exalted. Even if you won't get any xp for these, you still get full rep.

2. Don't overlook doing a rep quest for a faction you're already exalted with (except Tranq). For any quests you find in zones higher than the 1-10 zones, you will get 25% rep toward all other factions (I call this sympathetic rep, but others have other names for it). For example, if you get a quest that will give you 200 Orgrimmar rep, you will get 50 rep toward all other Horde city factions.

3. Realize that you will get some Silvermoon and troll rep in Outlands.

4. When you are high enough to do the Argent Tournament quests (level 77), you will get tons of city rep as you go through that line. So unless you're determined to do it now, you can always get it later.

5. There's one more week to the Lunar Festival. Every coin gives you 75 rep with all Horde (or Alliance) factions.

I have had several Ambassadors on both the Horde and Alliance side; the fastest I have managed to get exalted with all Horde factions was level 61.

If you don't know what quests you may or may not have done, I recommend the Everyquest mod. You can do a server check and it will determine what quests you have and have not already done.

...Ren|||A general rule of thumb I've found with soloing instances is if you're, on average about 10-15 levels above the level of the final boss, you can probably solo it with minimum difficulty.|||Adding a modifier for classes that tend to solo well (like paladins) versus ones that don't (I don't know what classes don't but i'd guess casters dislike being pounded on whereas plate-wearers have less off an issue).|||General rule of thumb is no matter what you wanna do, it will be much easier once you hit lvl 80 :)|||Quote:




Adding a modifier for classes that tend to solo well (like paladins) versus ones that don't (I don't know what classes don't but i'd guess casters dislike being pounded on whereas plate-wearers have less off an issue).




the only classes which have trouble are priests, shammys and mages. mages used to be able to solo loads of stuff (look up mage soloing naxx) but then they nurfed enchanter's absorption and bam, there goes mage solo'ing.|||Thanks for the replies:

I have already finished all the low level quests around Silvermoon/Ghostland, Org and the Darkspear trolls. Just have Mugalor?/Thunderbluff left to do. (Might need to get that addon to check if I've missed any ty)

Only just realised I can't use other factions mounts yet, so looks like I will have to wait till I'm 60.

Did complete the RFD instance and quests on the second attempt; got completely stuck when I fell behind some timber trying to bypass a mob the first time (don't know if that counts as a bug or not).

Tried RFK but died..I'm not great at crowd control :(

And lastly my level 15 pally enchanter certainly plows through quests quicker than I did with my Warlock so perhaps a better choice for a newb like me lol.|||Quote:








Thanks for the replies:

I have already finished all the low level quests around Silvermoon/Ghostland, Org and the Darkspear trolls. Just have Mugalor?/Thunderbluff left to do. (Might need to get that addon to check if I've missed any ty)

Only just realised I can't use other factions mounts yet, so looks like I will have to wait till I'm 60.

Did complete the RFD instance and quests on the second attempt; got completely stuck when I fell behind some timber trying to bypass a mob the first time (don't know if that counts as a bug or not).

Tried RFK but died..I'm not great at crowd control :(

And lastly my level 15 pally enchanter certainly plows through quests quicker than I did with my Warlock so perhaps a better choice for a newb like me lol.




You will not be able to use other faction's mounts...I'm guessing you mean other races in your faction mounts? If so, you'll need to be exalted, a task I accomplished with my priest at about level 30 with a little bit of baby questing in Elwynn.|||Yep... *I shouldn't read out-of-date websites

Was trying for the ‘Ambassador’ title whilst gaining rep with the other factions.

Elder|||Sorry to bump this again:

I have a lot of quests taking me into Blackrock Depths and Blackrock Spire are these dungeons possible solo as a lvl 59/60 warlock with a VW?

Are all mobs in Dungeons elite? And are Dungeons the same as Instances?

So many questions :)

No comments:

Post a Comment