Wednesday, April 18, 2012

PUGs stink

I'm in a great guild but I'm rarely online at the time they start raiding so I'm usually left out. Shame I have a life and can't run home after work and hop on the computer to play WOW all night. I'm so sick of afks, brbs, I've got to log and guild just called Pst'd me for this or that, I could barf. Is it wrong for me to just drop from the group? It took 3 hours other day to run a reg SV and we only did the parts we had to to kill the 3 bosses.

Sorry for the rant, just frustrated.|||yes. its ok to drop group. just tell them you're sorry it isnt working out. then re-invite the ones that were actually good to your group.|||What I hate most about pugs are people that leave because their needed by the guild for whatever. I don't care what it is, if there is a chance you might have to leave just don't join a group for an instance. It's really just disrespectful.

There, had to get that out after leveling my alt today, hehe.

I'm willing to give most things a go, but if the tank shows up with 9k HP as fury with a green shield I'm not doing a heroic with him. I allways check armory if I take random people for heroics. In normal instances I make sure people know what their role will be and have the right type of gear for it. If you end up with terrible people that really just never get it right I wouldn't feel bad about leaving. I don't mind wiping a bit as long as people try and have some clue but there are quite a few Donalds out there:

http://www.darklegacycomics.com/104.html|||sometimes players need to leave groups to help guilds out, ive done it before with a full raid going on ive joined a group in a heroic and then half way through the guild has asked me to help out as a member has had to log early. i dont join groups if i know i have a good chance of raiding but if i get asked by the guild to help i will help the guild before i worry about a pug im in.

but 3 hours for a sv run is really going a bit over the top. i would have prob left long before 3 hours was up no matter if the guild asked me to help or not some things are just to painfull to be part of.|||PUG's vary wildly. Some suck, others rock. Did heroic SL the other day and it was an absolute pleasure. The group all knew what they were doing and how to adapt if anything went wrong. Absolutely flew through the instance.

On the other hand I joined heroic UB at the weekend and left after the third pull on account of the score being 9-8 to the mobs in terms of deaths caused. Tank who couldn't tank more than one mob, healer who couldn't even keep the tank up let alone anyone else, huntard who placed traps behind the tank and didn't shoot his target to bring it to the trap. Rogue who seemed to be hitting people with rubber chickens for all the damage he was doing. And me, a mage, doing more than twice the damage of the rest of the group put together!|||Quote:








I'm in a great guild but I'm rarely online at the time they start raiding so I'm usually left out. Shame I have a life and can't run home after work and hop on the computer to play WOW all night. I'm so sick of afks, brbs, I've got to log and guild just called Pst'd me for this or that, I could barf.




it is your choice. you chose "having a life" ( boy i am so sick of reading this. ). Now deal with the consequences.

on a sidenote, a pug is usualy as good as the leader is. i had complete nimrods who didnt even know how to play their class and we still finished the instance cause i took 5 minutes to explain everyone what they are supposed to do, i marked the mobs, i told them the strategies etc. If you know so much better, shine some light on the other players. But probably you were just here to rant.|||Quote:








But probably you were just here to rant.




Yeah, and to hear other funny stories so I don't feel so bad about being p/o'd enough to just leave. I've had some great PUG runs too though... Did SL couple days ago and don't think I took a dmg point from a nonboss the whole run. I'm exaggerating a bit but the tank was incredible for what I've been around. I never had to drop a trap, just sat back, popped trinkets and multishotted away. I was tops on the dmg meter because of it. I've never used multi in an instance before because I'd be dead in about 3 seconds from pulling agro.

Here's to you Mr Awesome Tanker Guy|||Quote:








What I hate most about pugs are people that leave because their needed by the guild for whatever. I don't care what it is, if there is a chance you might have to leave just don't join a group for an instance. It's really just disrespectful.




If that were the case, noone would ever join a group. Are you 100% sure that you won't have anything come up, that you won't have internet connection problems, you won't have a blackout? It really comes down to how much of an issue you'll let pull you out of a group, and if you live the kind of life that has many of these issues or not.

Or does it? Personally, I've had to back out of PuGs before despite having the kind of life where these kinds of interruptions almost never happen, and when I did, I tried to find a replacement. And while I've never done it, I've seen people do the 'This PuG is horrible. ummm... "Got to go, guild needs me! yeah, that's the ticket!"' way out of a bad group. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that most of the time people play the "my guild needs me" card, it's just to cover the fact that the group, or one of the people in it, is annoying enough that they want out. To be honest, if the group is having enough problems that the entertainment value is zero or negative, I'm not going to knock anyone for wanting out of it.

On the other hand, even though I usually avoid instances, guild run or otherwise, that's too close to a guild function, I have had what should have been a quick run turn into an agonizingly slow run, to the point that even though I thought I had plenty of time, I really do have to go, and expecting me to stay with a PuG that can't clear an easy instance in a timely manner instead of going on a Kara badge run is rather self-centered.

People having to go during PuG runs is a fact of life. Sometimes the reason they leave is unavoidable and unpredictable. Sometimes, it's just because the PuG is so bad that they're wasting their time. Usually, it's somewhere in between.|||Naw guild calling is 99.9% of the time translated as 'You guys suck IMO i'm out of here'.

I love it when the one who says their guild was calling leaves and it all seems to run a lot smoother afterwards......|||Quote:








If that were the case, noone would ever join a group. Are you 100% sure that you won't have anything come up, that you won't have internet connection problems, you won't have a blackout? It really comes down to how much of an issue you'll let pull you out of a group, and if you live the kind of life that has many of these issues or not.




No one is 100% sure, what he meant is that when you know there is a decent chance you won't be able to complete the pug. Basically going ahead with said pug while keeping quiet about the real possibility that you may mave to go.

On the other hand, if you have set aside say 1.5 hours for the run and don't expect interruptions, it is by no means your fault. Unexpected stripper shows up at your door courtesy of your GF or somethig like that!

If there's a chance I may have to go early, I let the group know. Usually never a problem, then again, I tank so they haven't got a choice. They can go get another tank if they don't like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment