Wednesday, April 18, 2012

*Sigh* What do you do?...

Most of the time, when I get an instance run together, it's normally with at least 1 guildy, or a friend, and then 3 randoms. It 99% of the time works out well, and everyone's happy because the group went well...

So, today, I hit the 1% again. I was on my Druid, I said "What will I be required to do in the group?" since we had a 70, then he brought 1 more 70, and a 68 into Auchindoun Crypts. So, they said "You can DPS, we have a tank and a healer both are 70." and I was like cool, even though I prefer healing in instances, that works. Anyway, as we're about to go up to the first boss, after 1 wipe on trash (It's hard, I understood.) we got to the boss...

I get whispered from the 68 mage "You can tank this boss right?" I say "Uhh, the 70 Warrior's going to tank it." he says "Nah man he doesn't have tanking gear plus he's fury." so I go "Well... I'm not exactly prepared, I don't really have a tanking set, I have lots of health and everything but I dunno if I can do it." so after him talking for another minute saying "nah man you can do it" I'm like whatever, let's just get this boss done. So, I pop into bear, throw on Enrage, wait until it's at 2 seconds then run in. Flash ahead, running back to corpse pissed off...

He's now saying "Oh you should have healed. Oops." cause of his -150% casting (heals included) speed reduction, that the Pally accidentally walked into... So, I heal in healing gear, we do it essentially perfectly, and we move on. I throw on my DPS set... "You should tank these mobs, just swipe and mangle it's that easy" and he says he has a 70 Druid etc. etc. I'm just pissed at this point like, wtf dude, YOU guys said I could DPS, I didn't prepare for tanking and I'm not 70. BTW, the Warrior is in Arena gear, dual wielding, sitting at about 12K health unbuffed.

So, I tank, I'm like whatever let's get this instance done... Finally, the final boss, I tank it and the Warlock is like "ZOMG, I COULD USE THAT TRINKET" (+56 AP on equip, use: 900 health healed on the next mob you kill healed.) and everyone except him is like "Well, the druid could use it." then I need it. He goes "Meh, whatever, I could've used that but fine." and I get it.

I just wanted to rip my hair out, that along with the in-laws going "You need to go pick up stuff from the store for us." and it's a list... As I'm in the instance... This is essentially a rant, but also, what do you do to deal with this crap? I really wanna know. It was barely worth it to go, since I got stuck with a 4g repair bill and the item was useless to me pretty much.|||I see how the inlaws could effect that =P

But thats really sucks dude im a fury war and we always get stuck without a tank and ive spent over 500 gold with respecs and stuff and noone pays me back =(

I hate it when Groups are like that were they really can't figure out whats going on

And another thing a lot of people Assume that cuz your class can be a tank that you can Automatically tank anything and i hate that.....|||dont pull until people know their roles and its been confirmed they have the gear to perform them

as for horribads not knowing what trinkets they need... I had a shadowpriest need against my prot warrior for adamantite figurine in Shadowlabs

its a good thing he got stomped on the roll, but I still /spit at him everytime I see him, sucks for him to be terrible and have an easy to remember name|||Weakstream: 1, Kansas, whoo, I'm moving back there sometime soon (As in, around 2 years lol.) No, he was told he was tanking, and then the second he actually had to tank something other than trash, he essentially just whispers the mage friend of his and he tells me "ur tank lulz" essentially. I don't want to wait 3 hours to do an instance and have a huge conversation explaining why a 70 in epic gear should tank over a 67 in mostly green gear that's ALSO DPS gear, so I just started.

Ash: We understood our roles, we got it sorted out before the encounter happened. I said "I can main heal." first thing I said. He said "Nah, we need DPS, just DPS this instance." so I was like awesome. Essentially, everyone knew their roles as our 70 Pally was Holy, our 70 War I assumed was Prot since he had 12K health I just thought he was in mainly blues with a couple epics, we had a 68 mage (DPS) and a 64 Warlock (DPS) and me, which I elected to Off-Heal when needed since my healing set is extremely nice.

So, after we get to the first boss, as I said, the mage requests I tank and as I said, I'm in DPS gear. I didn't really spec to tank, since I'm going to gear up in Arena gear most likely once I hit 69 I'm hitting the honor and getting the marks. I'm fine with tanking, it's just, they essentially made me do 3 things throughout the instance, as I said, I'm FINE with that, just don't tell me I can DPS then expect me to have the tanking gear when I only have a DPS and healing set, with a COUPLE tank items.|||Quote:








our 70 War I assumed was Prot




inspect them, don't assume theyre one spec or another|||This, gave, me, a, headache, to, read.

You might manage to heal and/or dps at the level of instance you're doing. You won't in anything harder. Wth spec are you btw? It sounds pretty messy. Nothing wrong with experimenting I guess, but generally:

Lazer Chicken - Druid DPS tree.

Feral - Druid tanking and OFF DPS tree.

Resto - Healz0r.

I've seen a few wombles about "I R feral leet dpser plz gief group". No. This tree is intended for tanking, the dps is subpar (unless your other dpsers are um, really terribad). You are a nice buff to other dpsers, but you will NOT get endgame groups based on this alone. Even groups as lazer chicken spec are difficult to get. That said, with Imp LotP feral is a great farming spec (never have to drink).

Your game to play, etc. But instancing before 70 is pretty v0v now, with craftables, pvp epics, etc, you can easily be entry level kara barely setting foot in anything prior to it.

Get to 70, get the baseline epics, get carted through KaraMart, win.

And please, use, fewer, commas, when, typing, it, can, be, a, bit, counter, productive, you know.,.,.,.,.,.|||Bit over the top on comma remark Trak. I think he was using them correctly, unlike how you have represented him using them.|||That, is, why, you, fail.

I mean - you took me literally, which is pretty (intelligent) to start with. His sentences run on, he fails to encapsulate points into separate sentences. E.g.

I was going down the road, it was a long road so it was a long time, because I needed to go buy bread from the store, which was all the way, up the other end, which would only be open another 20 minutes.

vs

I had to go buy some bread. The store was down the other end of my street, and I only had 20 minutes to get there. Wasn't sure i'd make it, but meh, i'd sure as hell try!

Edit: Now that I reread, he did that a bit but the real problem was integrating what was 'said'. Mismatched, splattered in the middle of his points, just made it irritating to read. Instead of me explaining that too, im sure theres a wiki out somewhere on the english language and correct formatting. Reference that for your viewing pleasure.|||It's perfectly readable and paragraphs have been used where appropriate. Is this really worth making all this fuss over?

There is a point about roles here however. If you're taken along with someone outgearing the content it isn't really a big deal, but if you are resto you won't have much business in instances from now on as anything but a healer.

If you want to dps as feral you will be able to hold your own with the right gear and some research on how to do it, but other classes/speccs will get the job done better if they know what they are doing (rarely the case in pugs). If you want to be pure dps moonkin is the way to go. A feral druid offtanking and dpsing can make life a lot easier at times and isn't necessarily a bad thing however :)

As for heroics, inspect people or preferably check out their gear and specc on armory before you take them along. It's not fun finding out that your healer has +740 healing as you're about to the enter a heroic instance (yes, this has happened to me). Get an idea of what ~stats people should have. Skills won't can't allways outweigh lack in gear.|||Note: It was a small part of my original post, and someone decided to get butthurt about it. And really, that was fine? Please don't be an english teacher :(.

But yeh, level 70 get gears go nutz. Then wotlk comes out and we do it all over again :p.

No comments:

Post a Comment