Monday, April 16, 2012

Why Blame the Healer???

I just have to get this off of my chest. The other day was doing a pug for Nexus. We get to the final boss and we keep wiping. Me and the tank ran this dungeon together 2 times before and never had a problem. I believe I was 76 (druid) at the time. The tank was 72 DK. We also had a 74 fury warrior, 72/71 mage and a rogue (don't remember his level).

Anyway, this little warrior keeps blaming me for us wiping. Then he says his bandages were better than my heals. I immediately let the tank know that I was no longer going to heal this guy. Besides, if he would've let the tank build up aggro before attacking anything, things might've went smoother. I was being nice and trying to keep him alive.

So why was it just my fault that we wiped?|||Why blame the healer? because you cant blame yourself for your mistake, now can you?

my advice would be to drop the lame dps warrior. pick up another dps (as there's a billion of them) and finish the last boss.|||1) Because jerks have to blame someone but themselves to make themselves look good.

2) Pugs.|||Quote:








Why blame the healer? because you cant blame yourself for your mistake, now can you?

my advice would be to drop the lame dps warrior. pick up another dps (as there's a billion of them) and finish the last boss.




We just disbanded. lol The tank was a little tired of the guy also. I only stuck around because I felt sorry for the other two people. It was the first time I ever had that happen. Now I know why so many healers switch to dps.

I think too many people take this game too seriously. If you get that pissed over a game, why do you still play it?

I see wipes as being a good thing. You learn from them. Sure, it's great when you don't wipe, but when you start struggling, there in lies the challenge.|||If a tank dies, it's the healer's fault.

If a healer dies, it's the tank's fault.

If a DPSer dies, it's their own bloody fault.|||honestly... if the dps gets aggro, heal him once. if he gets aggro again... let him die. its better that the tank stays alive than the dps.|||Well, in that particular case it's probably not aggro. That boss has a debuff that ticks if you stand still. It's gone if you move even a pixel. Now, guess what a lot of melee does... right, they get behind the boss and attack... and stand there. So he was probably dying not to the bosses direct damage, but the debuff.

For its level, that's a tricky encounter the first time or two because of that debuff. Once you understand that you can just move to dispell it, you're fine.|||He was pulling aggro in most other cases. As for the last boss, I don't know who had aggro. I just run in a circle putting out heals. The longest I try to stay in one place is 2 seconds and that is to get my regrowth off.

But in any case, I think Shellar said it best:


Quote:




If a tank dies, it's the healer's fault.

If a healer dies, it's the tank's fault.

If a DPSer dies, it's their own bloody fault.|||No no, Shellar is wrong.

It's the hunter's fault. Always.|||Quote:








No no, Shellar is wrong.

It's the hunter's fault. Always.




In most cases, this is probably true. Been with a few who let their pets run wild. Bad cat, bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment